Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Buonocore
United States
Warren
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the second Scenario, I drew On the Wings of Darkness (which would, among other things, move me to a Central location if I failed the Agility test) while I was in Rivertown, which is the only Central location in this scenario. On page 15 of the Rules Reference it says: "When an entity or game element moves, it cannot move to its same (current) placement. If there is no valid destination for a move, the move cannot be attempted."

So, should I just discard this card with no effect and feel lucky that this Nightgaunt didn't see me as it flew over...?! Or would the Nightgaunt just pick me up and drop me back in another part of Rivertown, bruised and shaken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
It'd still do the damage from the first part of the card, but the move portion would/could not resolve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
My interpretation would be to take the damage and horror, disengage from any non-Nightgaunts, stay at the location.

edit: with regard to how the disengagement would be applied (assuming it's supposed to be applied in this situation!), it would immediately re-engage using the regular rules (Aloof-type excepted). So if multiple investigators are at that location, and assuming no Prey preference, the lead investigator would select with whom the enemy re-engages and, since no actual movement takes place, I suspect this could still be the original investigator.

The card in question, spoilered because spoilers,
Spoiler (click to reveal)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Broom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Because the card explicitly states to do one thing, then another, you should do the first, and ignore the second, treating them each as separate events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
"Then" effects are a very special beast. I suggest you read this rules entry: http://arkhamdb.com/rules#Then

To answer your question: you'd take damage and horror, disengage from enemies, and fail to move. The enemies would immediately re-engage you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Buonocore
United States
Warren
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, everyone, for the quick and most helpful responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam D.
United States
Suquamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is the "central" keyword defined?

Yes, i can make the obvious conclusion its rivertown in the second scenario, but i was taken aback when i couldnt find a keyword reference. Did i miss the rule for "central?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
TheCollector wrote:
Where is the "central" keyword defined?

Yes, i can make the obvious conclusion its rivertown in the second scenario, but i was taken aback when i couldnt find a keyword reference. Did i miss the rule for "central?"

Central is not a keyword, it is a trait, found a the top of the textbox for the location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.