2 Posts

Quartermaster General: 1914» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stosstruppen into the Sea rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmb
During today's game, my friend playing Germany had Stosstruppen on the table and built an Army in Paris (I was Austria-Hungary, yay ).

The text of the Stosstruppen card reads:
Stosstruppen wrote:
Use once per turn after you build an Army. Discard a prepared Sustain Land Battle and battle a space adjacent to the Army just built.

As directed by the Status, he discarded a prepared Sustain Land Battle card. He pointed out that the Stosstruppen card does not specify that the ensuing Battle has to be a Land Battle, nor that the adjacent space has to be a Land space, and proceeded to sink two enemy Navies in the English Channel. devil

It did seem a little odd to us that you could use the card this way (essentially turning a prepared Land Battle card into a Sea Battle), so I wanted to confirm if this behavior is intended, or if Stosstruppen might be another candidate for the FAQ?

Thank you so much in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Another one for the FAQ. Land battle only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.