3 Posts

Bios: Genesis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Smite and Sex Icons, DNA Shield and Parasites rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Reyes
msg tools
I have three different questions:

a) How do Smite and Sex icons look like? I haven't received my copy yet, but I want to be sure that I understand every icon in the game so I can play it as soon as it is delivered.

b)I've seen that blue chromosomes on bacteria placards have a DNA shield icon, but that icon is the exactly same on DNA mutations. So, as I understand, blue chromosomes on placard can cancel an heredity error dice, while the ones on mutations make it possible for heredity errors to happen only on 6's, right? In this case, the DNA shield icon is just a reminder of this or does it have any meaning on bacteria placards?

c) HGT allows you to move your bionts from a microorganism to another microorganism, and I noticed that parasites have what looks like the space for two more bionts, is that right? If the answer is yes, is it possible, be it as it may the cause, for a parasite to be commanded by a player of a color different to its own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Smite icons are green circular sun-like looking icons. Sex icons are egg and sperm.

It's just a reminder on the bacteria that the blue chromosomes act as shields against errors. The blue shield on promoted mutations means errors on sixes only, but (if I remember right) does not act like an additional shield (whereas the red and green shields DO act as additional shields).

Yep, players could HGT into your parasite and then Red Queen your biont into their organism, thus taking control of your parasite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Reyes
msg tools
Everything's very clear. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.