Hide
2 Posts

Advanced Squad Leader: Starter Kit #3» Forums » Rules

Subject: The general dynamics of MMC v tank CC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexis Polux
msg tools
The SK3 rulebook gives great detail and examples of CC involving tanks, and I fully them. However, the SK3 rulebook doesn't really show the overall processes and dynamics of how MMC v tank CC works.

Therefore, I am right in believing the following are correct?

1. MMCs can shoot at tanks entering their hexes with 'Reaction Fire' (after fulfilling a PAATC, and using normal DFF, SFF and FPF principles) and then can engage in CC during the CC phase.

2. Tanks entering a hex can shoot at MMCs within that hex (albeit after the MMC has completed its Reaction Fire) and then, if the tank stays in that hex, can engage the MMC in CC during the movement phase.

3. A tank in an empty hex could spend MPs turn after turn to stay in motion within that empty hex whilst not leaving it (i.e. to make it less likely that ranged shooting attacks can hit it).

4. In situation 3 (above), if that hex was a building or wood hex, would the tank have to make further bog tests in subsequent turns -i.e. after passing its initial bog test

5. A tank in an empty hex can shoot at any MMC that enters its hex using its MGs and IFE (obviously with Triple Fire).

6. The tank in the situation 4 (above) can only shoot its MGs and IFE once.

Thanks in advance for any assistance given. I'm happy for short answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Wille
Germany
Herford
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Duc de Guise wrote:

3. A tank in an empty hex could spend MPs turn after turn to stay in motion within that empty hex whilst not leaving it (i.e. to make it less likely that ranged shooting attacks can hit it).

I don't have the rules in front of me ATM, but I remember having read that you must move at least one hex to stay in motion.

EDIT: Now I read the rules again. Last paragraph of 3.3.2 says: "A mobile vehicle may always move one hex () by expending all its MP () to do so and then remaining in motion ()."

Not exactly what I remembered. But I understood it this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.