Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nov. 22, 2016

It's finally here! My Kickstarter copy was just delivered to my doorstep by UPS. I'm lucky in the fact that I live about a 1 hour drive from the DVG warehouse. I want to thank DVG up front for a fantastically run Kickstarter campaign!

I have to admit when I first picked up the box I heard too much bumping and shifting of the many contents. I'm a stickler for having mint condition game boxes on my shelf and this made me worried that one or more game box corners would be damaged when I opened the shipment box.

Here is the sequence of photos as I unveiled each layer of the shipment box.

1. I immediately noticed the loosely placed packing paper, which I assume is supposed to pass for sufficient padding (read it is not sufficient)

2. I took this next photo after removing the two token trays from the box (they can be seen in a later photo). Notice here that there is HUGE gap between the core game box and the side of the shipment box. There is no padding or protection to keep these items from getting smashed during shipment. This makes me concerned for backers who live further distances away from the DVG warehouse. There is also one of the extra card decks for Poland sitting next to the core box

3. The Footlocker is the only item that fits snugly in the shipment box. Notice the loose card decks and metal miniatures floating around next to the Footlocker. There is no padding to keep these in place and I wonder if other backers will find broken metal miniatures or dented card deck boxes.

4.Here are all the items that where floating around (banging around) down in that deep trench next to the Footlocker.

5. Here is the bottom of the Footlocker box (pretty cool)!

6. I'm impressed by the massive amount of storage the Footlocker has for all the card decks and components, with plenty of room for future expansions. However, you'll notice there are 3 items floating around in this box too (the card dividers and two bonus decks). No padding to protect these bonus decks, they don't even have a box (just shrink wrapped).

7. Here are the 3 items that were loosely bouncing around as shipped inside the Footlocker

8. Here are all the decks and metal bits from the Kickstarter as they fit in the Footlocker. The core box itself does not fit in the Footlocker, but you would take all the decks out of the core box and organize them in the Footlocker anyway.

9. Lastly, here are the token trays (mentioned earlier) fitting nicely on top of all the card rows.

Overall everything still arrived in good shape, but my copy got shipped a very short distance. I'm hoping backers in distant locations of the US will still get undamged components. Please leave a comment to let me know if your shipment arrived in excellent condition.

I can't wait to crack this open over the long weekend and sort through all the amazing options we have in this KickStarter bundle!

Happy Warfighting everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Copy Received!! (for real this time)
I hope you will not mind if I pass on your packing concerns to DVG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidinsydney2 wrote:
I hope you will not mind if I pass on your packing concerns to DVG.

Hi David,

Yes please do pass along these concerns. I personally had no issues with shipment damage, but I am quite concerned about other backers who have a high potential of receiving damaged items due to the rigorous shipment conditions some of these boxes might be subjected to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
email sent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was packed the same way, and I wish there had been more packing material, however everything seemed to arrive intact and not dented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the DVG website:
A picture of the truck packed with all of our games being dispatched!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154755256488545&se...

ps Joshua - great that it arrived safe!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those interested, I have created an unboxing video and posted the details to another thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1677845/shipment-recieved-u...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived too , but an hour and a half after I headed out of town for Thanksgiving I hope my neighbor gets to it before any porch pirates do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Porch Pirate arrrh angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisemsd wrote:
Mine arrived too , but an hour and a half after I headed out of town for Thanksgiving I hope my neighbor gets to it before any porch pirates do.

Don't worry, Chris, I managed to pick it up and bring it back to southern Ontario for safe keeping before the neighbours or any possible porch bandits got a hold of it. I'm, uh, keeping it safe for you, yeah, that's it.

Mine hasn't yet shipped according to USPS ... "PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT TO USPS, USPS AWAITING ITEM"

Moving now according to USPS ... "PROCESSED THROUGH [LOS ANGELES] FACILITY"

Arrived in Toronto, so it's an hour away by road. That means it'll only take Canada Post five more days to get it here.

Cleared customs. Now being processed in sorting facility (about a five minute drive from where I grew up). Those who know how slowly Canada Post can work call it "the postal hotel". Four days, maybe?

At my local post office, already, as of late last night? Can this be true? Is Canada Post actually moving this thing along efficiently? "ARRIVAL AT POST OFFICE"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Hark
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is on the truck for delivery today but I don't expect to see it before 5pm and don't give up hope before 9pm. I think it's going to be a long night!

:edit: it came around 3 and is now unpacked set up and ready to play tomorrow! BTW, the box had hardly anything to keep things from damage, but everything was good, and the rule book was perfect too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Don't worry, Chris, I managed to pick it up and bring it back to southern Ontario for safe keeping before the neighbours or any possible porch bandits got a hold of it. I'm, uh, keeping it safe for you, yeah, that's it.
thumbsup

Canadian Neighbor 1
Next Door Neighbor 1
Porch arrrh Pirates 0

So now Me 1 !!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Magnani
Italy
Cesenatico
Forlì-Cesena
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That truck contained the entire Warfighter WWII print run or US only?
I suppose US only, I would just like a confirm

I can't wait to get mine, but I'm in EU and I don't even know if they're still large at sea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the picture is of the U.S. Distribution - which would include all other nations other than the EU.

At least one copy has reached a UK resident - according to DVGs update the EU distributor should have received the games and should be sending them out this week.

Please post when you get yours - I have a bet with myself that I will be the last to receive the game in the wilds of Oz. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Corney
United Kingdom
Lisburn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
!!!!!!!!!!!!
Irish86 wrote:
That truck contained the entire Warfighter WWII print run or US only?
I suppose US only, I would just like a confirm

I can't wait to get mine, but I'm in EU and I don't even know if they're still large at sea

The only confirmed copy to hit the beach in UK is a standard copy supplied by UK retailer who received retailer copies on 23rd November. (Boardgameextras).

No confirmed copies of KS batch received by KS backers in Europe. No confirmation that they have left the EU distributor.

So still waiting.

One might have presumed that KS backers would receive their copies first, but such is life. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Clifford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

No confirmed copies of KS batch received by KS backers in Europe. No confirmation that they have left the EU distributor.

Maybe DVG could confirm who the EU distributor is? A friend who backed Gato Leader had some issues with the EU distribution route and it would be reassuring to know if DVG have things sorted for WF WWII.

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Clifford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidinsydney2 wrote:
I'll ask.

Thanks David,

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
btrhoads
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got mine today. South East PA in the USA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From DVG:

The Warfighter WWII games are in Germany, and they should be mailing them out any day now.

-Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EU distribitor is Udo Grebe Games.

This is I understand a new EU distributor for DVG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Clifford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidinsydney2 wrote:
EU distribitor is Udo Grebe Games.

This is I understand a new EU distributor for DVG.

Thanks David, I've only dealt with UGG once but had no issues. Just a bit surprised that a UK retailer has copies before the KS copies get distributed.

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Corney
United Kingdom
Lisburn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually not the only retailer to be offering retail versions before KS copies have arrived.

See Boardgamegenearl on geekmarket (based in Belgium) who claim they have had copies since 27th November and were advertising this at least a week before this date.

While the KS copies will be sent out 'any day now'.

It it always so frustrating when something keeps getting closer but at a snails pace.

That's the trouble with a digital world we keep thinking now means, well now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect to be the last to receive a physical copy as I've had an electronic one the longest! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine has arrived in southern Ontario. Decent packaging (I didn't go footlocker level, but all the expansions). Heavy box and I'm impressed with the mailing speed between California and Ontario, sometimes cross-border stuff can be slow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.