12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Pokemon Sun and Moon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Steele
msg tools
new user
Anyone been playing Sun and/or Moon? If so how do you like it? I think its decent just a lil different which is interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkStar13 wrote:
Anyone been playing Sun and/or Moon? If so how do you like it? I think its decent just a lil different which is interesting.

My daughter will probably begin playing it on Sunday, since she's getting Moon for her birthday.

Alas, I haven't really gotten into the Pokemon games (I tried with Diamond, but my daughter was starting to get interested about that time so I gave it to her).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
This links to feedback from someone who has played it.

Item for Geeklist "21 November - 27 November 2016 : What video games are you playing this week?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Adelson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Well, I see the otherness of being other is otherwise contraindicated
badge
Who cares where it came from or whether it's correct or not? Certainly not me
mbmbmbmbmb
I named my Yungoos after Drew1365.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Secrest
United States
Clarksville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just been playing Dibs...ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
MisterCranky wrote:
surprise What a "brand name"-'pickle' *surprise* it WAS too! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
ramjet2187 wrote:
I've just been playing Dibs...ninja
shake Where & HOW did these "supposed people" FIND here, scrolling PAST anything "Game"-indicative of within there? BGG Forums WHAT is the 1st of ANY that "caught your attention"? Let's SEE ..."Everything Else" upon the BGG-'bottom' as this! C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I've been binge playing it and have just completed all the trials. Overall there seems to be a lot stronger tie-in to the story, but I think the trials still need a bit of polishing (would be fine if they continued with them in 8th gen, but they need to improve). The first one felt too slow-paced in its build up, whereas a couple of the later ones I didn't even know a trial was upcoming until I started it.

The SOS call for help mechanism is really cool for the totem pokemon as it makes them feel more like a boss and not just a random wild pokemon, but really annoying for catching stuff in-game (potentially great once I make a semi-competitive team, as the sos-called pokemon have better IVs aka genes).

Ride Pokemon have been really convenient in-game as you don't need to hamper your team with useless HMs, but might be annoying later because a lot of them can't fit into tight spaces, and at times I've had to dismount and remount when moving through corridors.

As a former semi-competitive battler I love the idea of the new hyper training feature even if I haven't used it yet.

I like how gamefreak has made a lot of the new pokemon more unique in their battling methods even if they are not my favorite aesthetically. Mimikyu is the poster child for this. On one hand it is yet another pika clone. On the other hand its new ability gives it a lot of utility in switching into strong attacks. Unfortunately except for maybe Toxapex I don't see any of the new non ultra beasts non legendaries being viable in competitive single battles.

Was trying to do a challenge where I can only use each pokemon center or similar free healing station once each and not to recover fainted pokemon, and that I can't buy healing items. Ended up losing most of my team on the grass trial and have quit my challenge as a result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Adelson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:

Mentioning this fact was deemed a violation of BGG's site rules. Yet it remains a fact. Don't sweat it, red button fans--it won't be here after Thanksgiving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
MisterCranky wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:

Mentioning this fact was deemed a violation of BGG's site rules. Yet it remains a fact. Don't sweat it, red button fans--it won't be here after Thanksgiving.
shake WHOSE "blame" them Yungoos being 'disparaged' as SUCH!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Adelson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, good point! I need to consider the innocent victims more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
MisterCranky wrote:
Yeah, good point! I need to consider the innocent victims more.
surprise "Type-casting aspersions" may just RESULT with them becoming akin of that "In-bred" from 'adopted parentage'! \sauron -po lil Brudder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.