Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dave terry
United States
ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
When using method #2 to purchase the Bone Dragon, at the very end of the rules it says:

"The Bone Dragon costs one less (adjusted for inflation) when acquired by this process."

Q1 - Does "one less" refer to one less crown? As in a cost of 29 (cost), 58 (cost x2), and 116 (cost x4)?

Q2 - Does "this process" refer to method #2 of purchasing the Bone Dragon? (confused since the sentence before refers to the process of restarting an interrupted summoning process).

In other words, is it a correct interpretation that, when using method #2 to purchase the bone dragon, it simply costs a slightly lesser amount of crowns, and that this amount will always be 29 (cost), 58 (cost x2), and 116 (cost x4)?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Bogucki
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It costs one less if you take the time to summon it rather than getting it more quickly by getting the Cave of Bones.
Sorry for any confusion. I hope you enjoy your game this weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave terry
United States
ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
No problem! When learning a game, I can get somewhat lawyerly until all of it makes total sense to me....sometimes lapses in common sense can occur, and are not necessarily the fault of the rules author(s).

Speaking of which, I found some more ....again, regarding Bone Dragon.

Q1 - For purchasing method #1, it says that after Cave of Bones has been purchased, that the Bone Dragon may be purchased on the following turn in any Undead tomb........does this include the Bone Lands? (I assume yes, but just wanted confirmation).

Q2 - For purchasing method #2, it starts out mentioning that the heroes are in the home city and summoning the Bone Dragon to the Bone Lands, yet further down the paragraph it starts mentioning the heroes in the Tomb while summoning the Bone Dragon. This is confusing. (I am assuming this is a typo, and that you meant Bone Lands where you wrote Tomb, and that the Bone Dragon is to be summoned to the Bone Lands when using method #2)

So, Is it correct to say that for Method #1, the Bone Dragon may be summoned into ANY Undead city (any tomb or the bone lands), and for method #2, the Bone Dragon is summoned to the Bone Lands only, after a properly completed summoning process?

Thanks again!
Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Bogucki
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, when purchasing the Bone Dragon with the Cave of Bones it may be purchased in any Tomb (including the Bone Lands).
When summoning the Bone Dragon it may only be done in the Bone Lands, which is the Undead's home city.

The Bone Lands are a Tomb as all starting locations for players are home cities for them and count as cities (tombs, strongholds, fortresses).

Happy to clarify. I have referenced a number of past questions for future reprints/sequels if that is to happen at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.