Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
I love Games with ~~~ THEME ~~~~
badge
I don't have hobbies I have *p@ssions*
mbmbmbmbmb
Doese Carl Goerdeler when at least at motivation lvl Postive draw one card at the start of
- every players turn
- only at the start of his turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BadPritt wrote:
Doese Carl Goerdeler when at least at motivation lvl Postive draw one card at the start of
- every players turn

Only at the start of his turn... it wouldn't make much sense to be at the start of every player's turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
I love Games with ~~~ THEME ~~~~
badge
I don't have hobbies I have *p@ssions*
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that is my interpretation as well, but my fellow conspirators claimed that it had to say "his turn"....
Is there anything offical about that?

Muse23PT wrote:
BadPritt wrote:
- every players turn

Only at the start of his turn... it wouldn't make much sense to be at the start of every player's turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's his turn. We might should have said it that way. We'll have to think about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
Can he draw cards at the start of his turn if he is under arrest? Thematically it doesn't make sense to me. I was playing with someone who had him and wanted a literal interpretation so he could draw cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Special abilities do not work in jail. We need to add this clarification. Thanks for pointing it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it correct that you can't do anything while in jail. The question arose when a jailed conspirator wanted to use his Quick Reaction card to assist another conspirator's plot. We held that he could not but could not find anything in the rules or errata on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting point. We've always played that you could, but I can see the thematic argument for not allowing it . . . It probably ends up simpler (rules-wise) if you can just always play those no matter what.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would that mean that you could play any card that could be played at any time if you are in jail? It seems odd that you cannot use a special ability but you could use cards.

Another question. If arrested, the only things you lose are restricted cards and regular cards discarded to match discarded restricted cards, never any other cards or any items. Is this correct? It seems odd the Gestapo arrests you but lets you keep your gun, Hitler signature and airline tickets. (You can see we spent a lot of time in jail).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. Those items might just be stashed somewhere safe ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R.
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pdubarry wrote:
Special abilities do not work in jail. We need to add this clarification. Thanks for pointing it out.

I can see how Goerdeler would not be able to draw a card, and Beck would not be able to add a die to any plot occurring in his space (since the jail is 'off the board'). I suppose, to be consistent, that Von Tresckow would also lose his ability to hold an additional item at the moment of his arrest. Everybody else's abilities depend on taking actions, of which you have none while jailed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.