8 Posts

Legends of Andor» Forums » General

Subject: Best sleeves? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Femme Worth
msg tools
mb
What are the best sleeves for this game? The English second edition by KOSMOS, to be clear. I checked the Card Sleeves Geeklist and it didn't look like there was a clear answer. Do the large cards need to be shuffled? They seem to be the hardest to sleeve. Also I didn't see the expansions on the list.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about sleeve sizes in general for this one, but I don't think you need to sleeve the large legend cards. The legend cards basically always stay in the same order, with the exception of some legends that have you pick a card from 4 or 5 options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Devos
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have the large cards sleeved with Ultra Pro sleeves. Where I bought them they were simply referred to as "Dixit Sized".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Femmeworth wrote:
Do the large cards need to be shuffled? They seem to be the hardest to sleeve.

No. Don't bother sleeving them. They aren't handled much. There's one Legend in which you pick a random setup Legend card (of ~4 large Legend cards), but sleeving won't help with shuffling 4 cards, IMHO, and you can just roll a die to randomly select that setup card.

The event cards are shuffled once per game. They might be worth sleeving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I third the above - no sleeves needed. No shuffling, no rough handling of cards (big or small)...

...unless you do it for a gaming club, then maybe. But not even then, if it is a community that knows each other. Perhaps only for a public event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J A
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Femmeworth!

I use FF sleeves in the "Standard European Board Game" size (59 x 92 mm) for the small cards (golden Event cards); 1 pack will do. They fit perfectly and the sleeves are top quality!I figure it's a small additional investment that will protect the cards in the long run from shuffling and handling.
I agree that the large Legend cards don't need sleeving.
The only other pimping I did of my game was switching the wooden dice for regular plastic dice (in the same size and appropriate colours, of course). I just wasn't crazy about how light and odd they felt when rolling. Plus the substitutes I found are in really cool textures, translucent, kinda like gems, which fits nicely with the game thematically
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falko Jäger
Germany
Berlin
Deutschland (DE)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you still want to sleeve the big cards you can use Mayday Magnum 80x120mm. The product name is MDG-7104. I sleeved them so they better blend with the bonus legends I printed out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Femme Worth
msg tools
mb
Thanks for the replies everyone. I ordered the FFG Euro sleeves for the smaller cards and got these https://www.miniaturemarket.com/gps96702.html for the big cards. MM didn't seem to have any other sleeves that would fit. I don't expect they will be good sleeves but should suffice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.