Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried using single-faction decks?
I.e. each player draws solely from his own deck, which consists of all the cards in a given faction, e.g. the guild (blue).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, that sounds horribly unbalanced. You would get way too many ally abilities and cards that should be hard to get for your color will already be in your deck.

It could be fun to try, just to see how broken it is, but I would not see myself playing that more than once or twice. It is similar to turning up weapon damage and destruction in a video game. It is cool to be able to kill your friend just by pointing your gun in his general direction, but the fun wears off after 10 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
That never really worked in Star Realms. As Hero Realms is based on the same principle I can not see how this would work with out totally unbalancing the game - try it solo with two decks and see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guillaume Boissonnat
France
flag msg tools
A friend of mine often plays star Realms with pools of card divided by faction so you have always 3 card of every faction in the pool and told me it worked for him (he mostly plays SR as a three players game)
I didn't tried it but I wonder if it might work in Hero Realms.

Any ideas if it might be fun here ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.