34.7% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Mike Johnson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Board games on Kohls.com are normally ridiculously overpriced, but there are actually a few surprises right now.

Certain games are 50% off right now, plus there is a 15% off coupon code (SAVING15) that can be stacked. If your order totals $50 after coupons, you can get free shipping. Alternatively, you can typically get free shipping by ordering in-store at one of their online kiosks.

Games of note (prices are before extra 15% off):

Forbidden Desert - $14.99
Evolution - $26.99
MTG Arena of the Planeswalkers: Shadows Over Innistrad - $26.99
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arlyn Janssen
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you were listing the regular prices above, because that would get a lot closer to Amazon, etc. MtG Arena Reg. Price $54.99? What is that about? They're starting 30% above MSRP. Is there free shipping at least? If not, I don't see this as being all that "hot".

EDIT: It definitely does look like that's a fairly good price on Evolution, before shipping costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Johnson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the games I listed are currently cheaper than Amazon prices, plus there is an additional 15% off coupon code. Free shipping can be had, as I noted in the original post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arlyn Janssen
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, I think I overreact to the "50% Off" B.S. I know that it's Kohl's business model to overinflate their regular prices in order entice with flashier sounding sales. At the end of the day, with sales tax figured in and an in-store requirement for free shipping, it wouldn't be worth the hassle for me compared to an OLGS, but obviously it's worth posting here for those that disagree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Brinks
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forbidden Desert is already OOS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never shopped at Kohl's. Do they have a ship-to-store option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TIM0THY wrote:
I've never shopped at Kohl's. Do they have a ship-to-store option?

Yes and no.

The only way is to use their in store kiosk for ship to store. They really make it inconvenient to do so and even harder to stack coupon codes that way. They also have a direct line at their service desk where you can place an order over the phone. But afaik you cannot ship to store from your home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they have an order online for in-store pickup option, but that won't help with games that aren't normally stocked in the stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie Wick
United States
Waco
Texas
flag msg tools
You also get free shipping if you order from a kiosk in the store. Or if you are located in the store, then you also get free shipping. Or if your phone happens to have an app that makes the kohls app THINK you are in the store, you also get free shipping. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skylar Wolphe
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is great! I've been sitting on a $50 Kohls gift card for 2 years, and I finlly got to use it to snag two games off my watchlist. Thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.