Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say you can full fire attack across arnhem bridge at 1/2 CS.

Can you mobile attack across the bridge? Nothing says you can't, which suggests you can, but it seems strange that full fire and mobile fire would have the same strength.

And while I'm asking about mobile attacks, can you make a mobile attack without moving in order to combine fire with another unit? Could you simply move out of your hex and then back into it to satisfy the mobile attack requirement?

Thanks! Played my first game and enjoyed it. Won 32-17 as the Germans. It does seem tough for the allies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
can you make a mobile attack without moving in order to combine fire with another unit? Could you simply move out of your hex and then back into it to satisfy the mobile attack requirement?

You make a mobile attack by moving up to half your movement allowance and firing at half firepower. Not moving at all fits the definition of "moving up to half your movement allowance." So yes, you can combine fire with another unit making a mobile attack (at half firepower) without moving. No need to move out of and back into your hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Up to" -- I hadn't caught that. Thanks. And I call myself a geek.

Any opinion on the other question? Looking at the exact wording, it says "units CAN full fire across Arnhem Bridge..."

The "can" implies that full fire is the only kind of attack possible. It doesn't add up that a mobile attack would be just as effective in this one case, so I'm strongly leaning towards "no mobile fire across Arnhem Bridge."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not sure on that one. The series rules prohibit combat across river hexsides, while making no exception for bridges. The Arnhem specific rules do make the specific exception of full fire combat across the bridge. Since that's the only exception given, I'd say no mobile attack across the bridge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.