Rivals for Catan: Deluxe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Face up expansion card stack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JD Holl

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
After a couple of quick "practice games" with the basic set, I was excited to try using the first theme deck. But after reading the rules over and over I've finally given up in frustration.

Page 10: "In each theme set there are expansion cards...Separate these cards out and place them in a face up expansion card stack..." [So I'm wondering, what defines an expansion card that goes in face up deck...]

Page 10 image: "face up expansion card stack containing the Merchant Guild and the Money Lender..." [So these are the only two expansion cards in era of gold?]

Page 11 lists "City Expansions" and "Region Expansions" [But wait, it seems Region expansion cards should be in that face up deck too...]

Page 12: "The era of gold...These two Them Set Draw stacks each contain 11 cards. The face up expansion card stack consists of the 2 Merchant Guild cards. The set contains the region expansion Gold cache." [If I'm supposed to have 11 in each draw stack, that means I should have three in the face up stack. So I assume that is the Merchant guild (2 cards) and the MoneyLender. But how do I *easily* figure that out?]

Page 15, card reference: Lists three types of expansions - Region, Settlement/City, City [I give up]

Each of the pages above seems to define expansion cards differently. So my questions:

1. What expansion cards go in the face-up deck? How do I *easily* figure that out for each era?
2.What about the city/settlement expansion cards from the basic set? Do they go face up in the expansion pile also (I am assuming no on this one, but why would settlement/city expansion cards from theme deck be treated differently?)

Thank you in advance for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artem Sarukhanov
Russia
St. Petersburg
flag msg tools
Face up stack for gold era contains 2 Merchant Guilds, turmoil - 2 Hedge Taverns, progress - 2 Universities.
All others theme set cards have to be split to 2 theme draw stacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Holl

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for the reply! But I wonder though, why does the image/example on page 10 mention the moneylender in the face-up stack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jholliday wrote:
Thank you for the reply! But I wonder though, why does the image/example on page 10 mention the moneylender in the face-up stack?

Unfortunately this is a translation error. I hope this can be changed for the next edition.

The Money Lender doesn't belong to the face-up expansion draw stack. The cards which belong to the face-up expansion draw stacks are listed on page 12 for each Theme game.

Dr. Reiner Düren
Catan GmbH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Holl

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.