Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Favourite Heroes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Warwick
Australia
flag msg tools
new user
I just had my copy arrive in Australia - a little bit larger a parcel than I had expected but then I guess the King's Pledge was fairly loaded with material.

I haven't had a chance to play yet though have studied the numerous hero's cards. It will be interesting to see how they play compared to how they look initially.

The one I am really interested in having a go with is Yogah of Yag. He looks rather powerful - 5 red dice melee, orange dice guard, 13 encumbrance, 12 energy and can cast magic. With an 8 encumbrance value for his spellcasting, he can be equipped with a decent armour and weapon as well. Looks like a potent melee character on top of the spellcasting. And even if he does die he can still hurt the enemy with one last attack.

You could also tailor the spells to suit how you want to play him - either more damaging or more defensive. Give him good armour, mitra's halo and healing magic and he might be very tough to take down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
I didn't get him bu he sounds seriously over-powered. I wouldn't use him in the current scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Di Muro
msg tools
Like the elephant tower story I imagine he would be used more as an ally you free, just when you are seriously outnumbered than a character you play off the bat. He is extremely overpowered - he is a"god" after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donato
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe play it as the only Hero in the 4-player scenario's?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warwick
Australia
flag msg tools
new user
Powerful? Yes. Overpowered? I'm not so sure.

He doesn't have the skill set of other melee characters. His is spell caster, concentration, wall breaker, sacrifice and touch from beyond. With sacrifice you take a hit for a friendly model but can't guard against it while touch from beyond requires you to die first. Very keeping in the nature of Yogah from the story.

He is comparable to the base Conan hero - same melee and guard, 1 more energy and encumbrance. In place of spell casting he has a bunch of movement and melee skills - circular strike, jump, climb and swim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Lin
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
High five, I got Yogah of Yag too!

He looks very cool and I can't wait to use him (when the scenario becomes available).

Currently my favorite hero in this game is Conan, hehe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warwick
Australia
flag msg tools
new user
Ah, but which of the many Conans?

I'm also liking the look of Balthus. Not just for the bow and the dog but because it was an author insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Lin
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Which Conan? All of them cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.