Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
I also believe that you met the King of the Forest, Mei, and meeting him is a sign of good luck.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen the star realms promos have come out for retail and was wondering if anyone had info on if/when the promos will come to retail and thus to tournaments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mls5stokes wrote:
I have seen the star realms promos have come out for retail and was wondering if anyone had info on if/when the promos will come to retail and thus to tournaments?

After they've all come out in tournament kits, I imagine. We've had one tourney kit so far, right? So several more before that happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ones in the tournament kits aren't legal either though. It sounded like they planned to print them in a regular old set, probably sometime in 2017. I thought I read somewhere that the promos would be released in a set about a year after the base set came out, but I can't seem to find that thread now.

My prediction and hope is that the next set will be another base box (120 cards). For a couple reasons. One is that this seems to follow the pattern of Star Realms putting out a second base set the year after the first one (with pack expansions in between). Secondly is that they've been referred to several times as "year one" promos. Finally, I assume that as more and more sets come out it will start to become impractical to Dark Draft with one of every card (oh, the shuffling!) meaning that eventually they will have to think about "rotating" earlier sets out of Dark Draft. That said, there's no reason they can't remain part of limited and constructed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
happyjosiah wrote:
The ones in the tournament kits aren't legal either though. It sounded like they planned to print them in a regular old set, probably sometime in 2017.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. While they're coming out in tournament kits, they're not legal. Once they're all out in tourney kits, we'll probably see them sold retail after that, which is when they get legal! Don't put too much stock by "year 1" - Star Realms' "Year One" was a teeny bit longer than a year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
greylag wrote:
happyjosiah wrote:
The ones in the tournament kits aren't legal either though. It sounded like they planned to print them in a regular old set, probably sometime in 2017.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. While they're coming out in tournament kits, they're not legal. Once they're all out in tourney kits, we'll probably see them sold retail after that, which is when they get legal! Don't put too much stock by "year 1" - Star Realms' "Year One" was a teeny bit longer than a year

Space year.

Ian Taylor
Director of Organized Retcon
White Wizard Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.