Hide
6 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: (No Spoilers) Rules check on movement/sailing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Reilly
msg tools
So, I haven't been able to find anything official about being able to split up the Sail action of one (or both) of your ships. I'd like to know if you can move one space to a region to buy goods and after purchasing the goods start sailing back home to sell them (on a later turn, unless you have the ability to use all 3 actions from the Merchant's guild in one turn). I know the rules state that you may take a guild's actions in any order, but it neither allows NOR forbids doing partial moves, performing another guild action, and then moving the rest of the ship's Sail value afterwards.

Thanks!
Raggy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ruhrohraggy wrote:
I know the rules state that you may take a guild's actions in any order, but it neither allows NOR forbids doing partial moves, performing another guild action, and then moving the rest of the ship's Sail value afterwards.

"In any order" means Sail then Buy, or Buy then Sail. Those are the two possible orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Alvarez
China
Tracy
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
ruhrohraggy wrote:
I know the rules state that you may take a guild's actions in any order, but it neither allows NOR forbids doing partial moves, performing another guild action, and then moving the rest of the ship's Sail value afterwards.

"In any order" means Sail then Buy, or Buy then Sail. Those are the two possible orders.

To clarify the rulings, the dev and designer have explicitly said you cannot move a portion of your sail value, take an action, and then move the remaining portion of your sail value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reilly
msg tools
Thank you so much Vince! That's exactly what I was asking about

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cicon
msg tools
If I remember correctly, it says in the rules you must "complete your action" before performing your second action. So also, you couldn't buy 1, sail to a neighboring island, and then buy a second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing you are allowed to in between movement of one ship and movement of the other ship is transferring goods (assuming you are at land). This can't interrupt the movement of either ship, but you can move one ship, transfer goods, then move the other ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.