Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I read through the full rules yesterday and was surprised to not find an answer to this question. Am I missing it somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Ebner
Austria
Salzburg
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I understand it - you just add the card & die but cannot roll the die since the character is already activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
Aruwen wrote:
As far as I understand it - you just add the card & die but cannot roll the die since the character is already activated.

that's the way the team covenant guys were playing it on their vide teaching how to play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Ebner
Austria
Salzburg
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mauigreen wrote:
Aruwen wrote:

that's the way the team covenant guys were playing it on their vide teaching how to play

That's where I got it from.
Also no specific mentioning of this case in the rules & faq on the FFG page. But by exclusion this must be the way to handle it since the only time to roll dice is when activating a character (forced to roll all the dice) and it also specifically says to attach the upgrade to the character and put the die on the card itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all. I think you are right in that there is no other way to do it, but I just couldn't find it in the actual rules and was surprised it wasnt mentioned there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Rasmussen
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how the group at my pre release read it and was playing as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is in the rules when you activate a character you roll all their dice and upgrade dice into the pool. When you attach an upgrade to a character you put the die on the character.

Right on the rules sheet under Actions, Play a card from your hand, -Playing an Upgrade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the rules do specify that an exhausted card cannot be activated, so if the character already activated this turn it is exhausted and cannot be activated again to roll the newly added die
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.