$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 91.61

5,945 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
37.5% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Codex: Card-Time Strategy» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple of rulingquestions about Copy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fredrik Leander
msg tools
new user
I'm really interested in Truth spec, most due to the Hero's abilities to copy units.

But what exactly does happen when you copy something? Haven't exactly understood it all.

Mirror Images are blue 0/1 tokens.

A) If I copy a green "Name X" , what is the mirror image counted as?

1. A blue unit named Mirror Image or,
2. A blue unit named "Name X" or,
3. A green unit named Mirror Image or
4. A green unit named "Name X"
(I mostly ask this because of interactions with Quince's maxband and units like Liberty Gryphon or legendary units like Galina Glimmer)

B) If I summon a Mirror Image (either by summoning the hero or paying the 2 gold cost) it has arrival sickness (Due to no Haste), right?
But what if I copy a unit that has haste, say Hyperion?
I assume the mirror Image get Haste, but does that Haste override summoning sickness so that it can attack and trigger "attacks: draw a card" the same turn?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check this page for a bunch of info:

http://codexcarddb.com/card/sirus_quince
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Leander
msg tools
new user
I have read that page but are still unsure about some stuff.

But I'd guess that in my previous example at question A, the correct implementation of copying would be no.4 (copying both name and color), since it would make the most sense regarding "Copy the printed version" as stated on Sirius's page.

This will then effectively eliminate any synergy with (only a) Liberty Gryphon since the image will be named Liberty Gryphon aswell.
Also it will eliminate any synergy with Legendary Units since only one Legendary unit with the same name can exist on your side at a time.

But what about B?

It's pretty clear that Haste gets copied, but does a copied Haste override Arrival sickness? I guess it will, considering the following info from Sirlin on Haste:
Quote:
Haste:
Can attack and exhaust the turn it arrives.

Haste allows things that came under your control this turn use exhaust abilities, which means abilities that have exhaust as part of the cost (that is, the exhaust symbol BEFORE an arrow.) Haste also allows units and heroes to attack that came under your control this turn. — Sirlin


The Mirror Image (Or whatever name it aquire) does arrive the same turn, and gets Haste, and can thus attack the same turn. Since there are no restrictions in any text it doesn't matter when the unit aquires Haste, as long as it does.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it can copy and use a Hyperion's haste just fine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think

"4. A green unit named "Name X" "

Which is still an illusion (if you use his mid-band ability).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jone Oma
Norway
flag msg tools
The Liberty Gryphon special text doesn't work with mirrors.

But Glianna Glimmer should give you another Coin.

It can't copy Legendary units, it says somewhere what happens with them, but yeah, it is a waste of 2 gold to copy a legendary unit with Quince mirrors.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
I think

"4. A green unit named "Name X" "

Which is still an illusion (if you use his mid-band ability).


It is still an illusion and a Tech 0 token, no matter what (even with max-band ability).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Leander
msg tools
new user
It doesn't work with Liberty Gryphon only, but if you do have another illusion, then both the mirror and the original are getting all the bonuses.

Quote:
If you control a Liberty Gryphon and Mirror Illusion copy of Liberty Gryphon, those both have the name "Liberty Gryphon." If you don't control any Illusions other than those, then your Liberty Gryphons do not get the keywords: unstoppable, unattackable, untargetable. — Sirlin


It's still a 5/5 with flying and haste though
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frejoh87 wrote:
B) If I summon a Mirror Image (either by summoning the hero or paying the 2 gold cost) it has arrival sickness (Due to no Haste), right?
But what if I copy a unit that has haste, say Hyperion?
I assume the mirror Image get Haste, but does that Haste override summoning sickness so that it can attack and trigger "attacks: draw a card" the same turn?

Haste overrides arrival fatigue ("summoning sickness"); that's exactly what the ability does. Yes, a mirror with Haste can attack the same turn it arrives.

Another example of a card that can add Haste to a unit or hero is Bloodlust.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharpo Bject
United States
flag msg tools
Wildhorn wrote:

It is still an illusion and a Tech 0 token, no matter what (even with max-band ability).


If your Mirror Illusion copies a tech 1 guy, it becomes tech 1.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sharpobject wrote:
Wildhorn wrote:

It is still an illusion and a Tech 0 token, no matter what (even with max-band ability).


If your Mirror Illusion copies a tech 1 guy, it becomes tech 1.


Oooo, that's nice to know.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does its cost also change to the cost of what it copies (I am guessing this is the case).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharpo Bject
United States
flag msg tools
Muemmelmann wrote:
Does its cost also change to the cost of what it copies (I am guessing this is the case).
Yes. I think this only matters for Insurance Agent, and you'd have to get the unit to survive being targeted for that...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
neigutten wrote:
The Liberty Gryphon special text doesn't work with mirrors.

Just to be clear, you just mean that a Mirror token can't COPY Liberty Gryphon to provide bonuses, right? I mean, if it copied literally anything else, it would still be "an Illusion with a name other than Liberty Gryphon" and give the original its bonuses, correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Broccoli wrote:
neigutten wrote:
The Liberty Gryphon special text doesn't work with mirrors.

Just to be clear, you just mean that a Mirror token can't COPY Liberty Gryphon to provide bonuses, right? I mean, if it copied literally anything else, it would still be "an Illusion with a name other than Liberty Gryphon" and give the original its bonuses, correct?

correct
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.