$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 63.62

4,511 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
28.4% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
21 Posts

Black Orchestra» Forums » General

Subject: Classified pack availability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Orchestra became available to pre-order at my FLGS and I was thinking of picking it up.

I wouldn't want to buy a game for which I won't have access to every gameplay component, at least at some point in the future, so I was wondering, will the Classified Pack be widely available for people that didn't pre-order from the publisher directly (mainly due to shipping costs)?
I don't mind waiting for say, a year, for it to hit BGG Store or something, but I would appreciate a definitive answer as to whether I'll have a shot at it without having to go to a gaming event in the States.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boardgamemuse
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb

I've asked the same question to the publisher. They give me the same answer - get it from a game convention or not.


I don't care for the situation either. Seems like they would want the $$$

soblue
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
Black Orchestra became available to pre-order at my FLGS and I was thinking of picking it up.

I wouldn't want to buy a game for which I won't have access to every gameplay component, at least at some point in the future, so I was wondering, will the Classified Pack be widely available for people that didn't pre-order from the publisher directly (mainly due to shipping costs)?
I don't mind waiting for say, a year, for it to hit BGG Store or something, but I would appreciate a definitive answer as to whether I'll have a shot at it without having to go to a gaming event in the States.


As of right now there is no plan to release the classified pack to retail. Our current plan is only to have it available with us at conventions.

That being said, if we still have inventory a year from now I can't say we wouldn't look to see if we want to make them more widely available.

I'm sorry if that discourages you from getting the game

Chris
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
NasosP wrote:
Black Orchestra became available to pre-order at my FLGS and I was thinking of picking it up.

I wouldn't want to buy a game for which I won't have access to every gameplay component, at least at some point in the future, so I was wondering, will the Classified Pack be widely available for people that didn't pre-order from the publisher directly (mainly due to shipping costs)?
I don't mind waiting for say, a year, for it to hit BGG Store or something, but I would appreciate a definitive answer as to whether I'll have a shot at it without having to go to a gaming event in the States.


As of right now there is no plan to release the classified pack to retail. Our current plan is only to have it available with us at conventions.

That being said, if we still have inventory a year from now I can't say we wouldn't look to see if we want to make them more widely available.

I'm sorry if that discourages you from getting the game

Chris


By "conventions", do you also mean Essen '17? Living in Europe, it's my only realistic option either by attending myself or by having someone else mule the Pack for me.

Also, for said conventions, will this be something you'll be giving/selling to people that already obtained the game on retail? Or will it only come with a core game purchase?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't let the absence of the Classified Pack deter you. The game is first class. I mean, you could always print out PnP copies of the pack for your own personal use, right?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Factor
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
I am Volko Ruhnke's medulla oblongata....
mbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:

As of right now there is no plan to release the classified pack to retail. Our current plan is only to have it available with us at conventions.


This segues into a question I had on another thread....

I totally understand not releasing to retail, but... does this mean that you will NOT receive the Classified Pack if you order directly from the BlackOrchestra.com site right now?

I was thinking of placing an order there with the hopes of getting the extra pack, so I'm asking.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the classified pack due to pre-ordering, but I just want to mention that I absolutely dislike the practice of releasing a new game with some content available only to some customers and others not having access to it.

Yes the game has A LOT of content already out of the box, but missing out on a game that was not widely advertised during pre-order process that I personally happened upon by accident? I know that there is a a bigger incentive to pre-order if the seller offers extra bonus content BUT in this case customers should be made widely aware of it - and this was not the case. Most people in my gaming group have no idea this game existed before recently.

The best practice I like is for companies to make such content available by buying directly from them or buying the promo separately (IELLO does it, Fireside Games and Artipia Games as well and there are plenty of others). It is certainly not cheap, but at least this is an option.

But making it conventions-only? This cuts out a big chunk of people that will be disappointed if they learn they don't get some of the historical characters.

I have the same opinion of Kickstarter games with exclusives. Thankfully I've optimized my own hobby enough that it is impossible for me to miss a good Kickstarter game by accident, but this isn't the case with 99% of others in the hobby.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Jack
I know what you're saying, I'm sure you're right(ish). The thing is we live at a time where games are in abundance. Heck, I own more games that I haven't yet played than in my wishlist If I do like Black Orchestra, it means I would have bought an (expensive) game that will remain in my mind incomplete. I don't need that.

@Kristo
I hear what you're saying. I don't mind exclusives. I understand their necessity, or better, their purpose. I don't assume to know GS's business better than them, they will make their choice and the market will respond. What would have been nice is to provide internationals a realistic chance at the Classified Pack. To "bundle" it along with a $40 shipping tag is... well a no-go for most of us. To be honest, I don't think it will cost GS any international sales: I don't imagine many would choose to pay $40 more, just to get the Classified Pack.

I wouldn't mind having to wait a year for example for an "exlusive period" for pre-orders to expire. If I am however to buy the game, I would need to know I'll have a shot at having it complete, at least for gameplay elements.

@Chris
Could you please confirm whether Essen '17 is in your con-schedule? Also whether the Classified pack will be offered on its own for people that have already bought the game at retail.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Stelling
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
BoardGameCircus
mbmbmbmbmb
@NasosP Did you checked this? https://www.gamesworthplaying.com/shop/black-orchestra-preor... - It looks like the preorder is still running...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dasmurphy wrote:
@NasosP Did you checked this? https://www.gamesworthplaying.com/shop/black-orchestra-preor... - It looks like the preorder is still running...


I did. With shipping added, it comes to $100(!) to get it. Hence my comment about a realistic shot at the promo.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Stelling
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
BoardGameCircus
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, i understand noew, but i preordered on BlackOrchestra.com and also paid 80+ Euro. So i don't think it will be cheaper...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
@Jack
I know what you're saying, I'm sure you're right(ish). The thing is we live at a time where games are in abundance. Heck, I own more games that I haven't yet played than in my wishlist If I do like Black Orchestra, it means I would have bought an (expensive) game that will remain in my mind incomplete. I don't need that.


I think that feeling of, "It's incomplete," is something that I used to suffer from as well. If you can get past it, you'll see that the game certainly isn't incomplete. Also, even though the pack was a pre-order bonus, I know that I certainly wouldn't care if GS sold it after the fact.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think promos are nice as a bonus for those that jumped on right away (whether pre-order or Kickstarter). However I dislike when they are truly limited forever. Some companies will offer the promos for sale (so not a free bonus) from the BGG store or another outlet. I think this is fair as anyone who discovers the game at a later date, doesn't feel like they are missing out.

For me it also depends on what the promos are. In this case they are characters, which I think is pretty cool. Who wouldn't want more characters to play with. That's why the missing out is a bummer.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Entrecruzado
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
NasosP wrote:
Black Orchestra became available to pre-order at my FLGS and I was thinking of picking it up.

I wouldn't want to buy a game for which I won't have access to every gameplay component, at least at some point in the future, so I was wondering, will the Classified Pack be widely available for people that didn't pre-order from the publisher directly (mainly due to shipping costs)?
I don't mind waiting for say, a year, for it to hit BGG Store or something, but I would appreciate a definitive answer as to whether I'll have a shot at it without having to go to a gaming event in the States.


As of right now there is no plan to release the classified pack to retail. Our current plan is only to have it available with us at conventions.

That being said, if we still have inventory a year from now I can't say we wouldn't look to see if we want to make them more widely available.

I'm sorry if that discourages you from getting the game

Chris


Based on comments, the right thing to do is to sell it on BGG Store. I´m sorry if that discourages you from selling the promo.

robot
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a copy, with the promos, at Quiche games. In case anyone else is interested and can order from them. As of this posting they still have copies.

https://quichegames.com/products/black-orchestra
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Factor
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
I am Volko Ruhnke's medulla oblongata....
mbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
I found a copy, with the promos, at Quiche games. In case anyone else is interested and can order from them. As of this posting they still have copies.

https://quichegames.com/products/black-orchestra


Man, I just know I'm splitting hairs here, but -- having never ordered from QuicheGames before -- the offer says "promo card included" which isn't quite the same as "Classified Pack promo included". Is QG's phraseology common? I just want the game with the Classified Pack and would love to buy with at least some certainty.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bobby Factor wrote:
venrondua wrote:
I found a copy, with the promos, at Quiche games. In case anyone else is interested and can order from them. As of this posting they still have copies.

https://quichegames.com/products/black-orchestra


Man, I just know I'm splitting hairs here, but -- having never ordered from QuicheGames before -- the offer says "promo card included" which isn't quite the same as "Classified Pack promo included". Is QG's phraseology common? I just want the game with the Classified Pack and would love to buy with at least some certainty.


I felt the same at firs as well. However I know that there was only one type of promo for the game, as a pre-order (available to retailers too). I don't think there was any other promo created in fact. I think the wording is poor but I'm quite confident it's the Classified Pack. I guess I will soon find out. . (I will be annoyed if it isn't I admit)

Edit. I'll add I haven't ordered from Quiche myself either but wow they have fast shipping. I got notification of it being sent out same day and apparently it should arrive Thursday (according to tracking number).
1 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Factor
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
I am Volko Ruhnke's medulla oblongata....
mbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
I don't think there was any other promo created in fact. I think the wording is poor but I'm quite confident it's the Classified Pack. I guess I will soon find out. .

Edit. I'll add I haven't ordered from Quiche myself either but wow they have fast shipping. I got notification of it being sent out same day and apparently it should arrive Thursday (according to tracking number).


I took the liberty of e-mailing Caryl at QuicheGames about the above. She responded near-instantaneously that it is, indeed, the 'Classified Pack' that's included with purchase. She further elaborated that it was an error in wording and that she would be correcting it soon.

Just like the quick shipping notice you received, the rapid customer service definitely made me insta-purchase. Excellent stuff. Kudos to you, too, Pauly for the heads-up about QuicheGames.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
I found a copy, with the promos, at Quiche games. In case anyone else is interested and can order from them. As of this posting they still have copies.

https://quichegames.com/products/black-orchestra


And now down to 1 copy. Glad I didn't wait this time around.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Liggett
United States
Celina
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered mine from CoolStuff on 11/25. I did not pre-order and honestly didn't even know there was a "classified pack". I was surprised when it was in the shipping box. I had to come here to figure out what it was.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Entrecruzado
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered too at CSI around that date. Fingers crossed to get it!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.