Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just listened to the Reikland Sports Network podcast and they casually mentioned a rumor about a deluxe edition of Blood Bowl that might include 16 players per side instead of the 12 we know about. Is this really just a rumor or has anyone heard more about this?

Being a new player, can't say I'd be thrilled to buy the base game if a better (albeit more expensive one) is coming shortly after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
GW's information model thrives on rumors and misinformation and "official leaks" and such. Who knows if it's true? Until the product reaches market, it's anybody's guess. Often the rumors are true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
jerkules wrote:
Just listened to the Reikland Sports Network podcast and they casually mentioned a rumor about a deluxe edition of Blood Bowl that might include 16 players per side instead of the 12 we know about. Is this really just a rumor or has anyone heard more about this?

Being a new player, can't say I'd be thrilled to buy the base game if a better (albeit more expensive one) is coming shortly after.

The 12-man teams are starter teams that give you a basic roster. There will be new releases, including more models to fill out certain positions and star players. Forge World are going to be producing more sophisticated resin models for hobbyists, including full teams and upgrade kits. Maybe they were referring to that side of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Based on that the only difference would be a few more models, and they can be supplised by boosters anyway. The rules would not be in any way different.

Anyway, chances are your love will fall on another of the 21 teams but the two in the box, so you'd just end up with more models than you need for learning the basics..

I can't see what else they could include, except perhaps a better board, but that wouldn't really improve the game in anyway, and the current one is excellent anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hello, my baby; hello, my honey;
badge
Hello, my ragtime gal!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty plugged in to the Blood Bowl scene and this is the first I've heard of it. I'd guess pure rumor.

The podcast is new to me, though--thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've certainly heard nothing about it. I would put it in the pure rumor category. And I doubt it's likely to surface. Because if they want to release a version with 16 players on each side, they've missed the boat. They should have done that at launch. Even if this comes out only a few weeks later, how many of us are going to seriously want 16 more humans and orcs when we already have 12 of each? The audience most likely to buy it will no longer have need of it once they have the base set.

To fill out all the positionals for the human roster, you only need two more catchers and blitzers and an ogre. That's five miniatures you need unless you're really into linemen. We've already got the maximum allowed throwers.

Orcs have a little more room on their side with allowance for two more each blitzers and blockers, a troll and four goblins. But I'm not expecting to see goblins and trolls during season one, since they could release the goblin team with those out.

Even if it came with star players, this would be an absolute waste since we're getting those in blister packs soon.

"You're a hardcore player. You've already got the game. Now we have a treat for you. Spend even more money and we'll give you a truckload of stuff you don't want or need. An extra board you don't need. Duplicate dice you don't need. More templates and a second copy of the rulebook you don't need. And loads more miniatures, most of which you don't want and can't use. Order yours today!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all. Agreed, seems like if they were to come out with it at all it would have been at launch or not at all, so I'll proceed as planned with a new box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
jerkules wrote:
Thanks to all. Agreed, seems like if they were to come out with it at all it would have been at launch or not at all, so I'll proceed as planned with a new box.

I consider all GW games to be "deluxe editions" anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GW always sells their collectors editions of releases at the same time as their regular releases.

These are usually the super fancy army books in slipcases with custom metal tokens, art books, thick hardcovers and such. Look at the last Genestealers release for example.

They have not released fancy editions of any other boardgames, so it seems unlikely that they will here either.

The podcast likely meant a bundle deal, where GW sells the game and some expansion pack together for easier ordering. Right now you can order the bundle of Blood Bowl and the Death Zone book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.