GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 106.91

6,658 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42% of Goal | left

Support:

Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
Can I use a free triggered ability during another players action phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whats the situation? why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
Would you like to tell us why you want to?

Phoenix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
You are right

There's no point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
It's these bloody rule books with info all around the shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
I believe you can. The ability will have 'only use during your turn' if restricted.

Skids and Roland are at a location. An enemy with 3 health is on top of Skids. Skids has a Machete. Roland has Beat Cop.

For one reason or another, Skids really wants to go before Roland, but it's also very important that he kills the enemy without using more than one action and he'll die if he incurs attacks of opportunity.

Action 1, Skids slashes away at the enemy for two damage. Roland, during Skids's turn, then discards his Beat Cop to deal the final 1 dmg to the enemy. Skids, a very happy chap now, clicks for a resource, pays for his Leo (relieved that he has a dmg/hor soak), clicks again to enter Hallway.

edit: Oh. Oh! Ha, I see now in the thread title that the question is specifying Physical Training. Sure, now I see why the replies are as they are. The replies did puzzle me a bit, I admit. I just kind of idly clicked into the thread and read the opening question and based a response off that. Apologies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wallace-Moyer
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
So in the Rules Reference you can see a timing chart with all the player windows listed. So the lightning triggered abilities can be used during any of those player windows throughout the round (keep in mind those are different than fast abilities which can trigger at other different times).

However based on your Title for this forum, you're asking if you can use physical training during another player's action phase. Yes technically you can because there is no limit on using it during your turn only, it's meant for player action windows. BUT, the text specifically states "You get +[] for this skill test" so the benefit cannot be given to another investigator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
Perhaps it's possible at some point that there will be encounter cards which ask for skill tests from everyone at a location? Agnes plays Drawn To The Flame, in a future expansion perhaps an encounter card 'Foul Emissions' is drawn which wants all local investigators to test Willpower or suffer 1 dmg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is card in an upcoming expansion that causes everyone to draw an encounter card. You might need to trigger something like this then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
You have been of great help
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.