Popular Tags: [View All]
Identity Flux
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

So it seemed better to post here then on the Myth Kickstarter comment section and I’ll try to keep it brief.

So pertinent points:

• Although I own Myth I’ve never got round to playing it , the rules were borked in 1.0 and I opted to leave it shelved till 2.0 rules came out.
• I backed the first Myth release on Kickstarter and with that came all the stretch goal shineys so i have core plus stretch goal extras in my collection.
• I backed the Second Version to get the 2.0 replacement components.
• I’m in the UK.
• I received, I believe, the replacement 2.0 rules and cards etc. many many many months ago.

Can anyone confirm, pref in the UK, if that’s it? Do I know have all the replacement parts for the base game and stretch goal components? Did cards need to be swapped out for stretch goals? I ask because I appear to have 1.0 cards that do not have replacement 2.0 equivalents and I’m not sure if that’s because they didn’t need them or that they haven’t shipped yet or if they were missed on the original shipment?

Sorry if this isn’t very clear and any comments suggestion would be helpful in either confirming that I’m missing 2.0 parts or that I do in fact have everything I need and can rest easy.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Regarding 2.0 Rules/Cards.
kindreddreamer wrote:
Do I know have all the replacement parts for the base game and stretch goal components?

Nope. The only cards delivered were replacements for the CORE game. All stretch goal component cards have not even been printed. We will receive sometime next year - no commitment on timing. You can find electronic copies on McG website if you want to print.

kindreddreamer wrote:
Did cards need to be swapped out for stretch goals?

Not sure what you mean here. I think the above answer covers this.

kindreddreamer wrote:
I ask because I appear to have 1.0 cards that do not have replacement 2.0 equivalents and I’m not sure if that’s because they didn’t need them or that they haven’t shipped yet or if they were missed on the original shipment?

You might checkout this geeklist - it might help you out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fscx
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If all You Did was pay the $6.00 for the 2.0 material and at the time did not e-mail Nikki about the free 2.0 Replacements for the Trickster, Skald, Spriggan, Monsters and Quest Expansion 1 & 2 and Item Expansion 1 (that if you ordered the Skald, Spriggan, Quest expansion and Item expansion 1). Then what you got late last year early this year is all.

If you did e-mail Nikki then you are still waiting on the KS1 add-on and stretch goal 2.0 replacements

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee ogre
msg tools
mbmb
Posts like this make me wonder how many people sold their game without opening it due to the 1.0 rules boondoggle?

How would things have been different if MCG had made a print-and-play version with official printable proxies, then used the kickstarter backers as a semi-closed beta testing group?

I've had so many hours of fun with this game, but when I bring it out at the FLGS or a con it's rare to find someone who knows anything about it, and those that do rarely know anything other than "aren't the rules for this a mess?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Identity Flux
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
kindreddreamer wrote:
Do I know have all the replacement parts for the base game and stretch goal components?

Nope. The only cards delivered were replacements for the CORE game. All stretch goal component cards have not even been printed. We will receive sometime next year - no commitment on timing. You can find electronic copies on McG website if you want to print.

kindreddreamer wrote:
Did cards need to be swapped out for stretch goals?

Not sure what you mean here. I think the above answer covers this.

kindreddreamer wrote:
I ask because I appear to have 1.0 cards that do not have replacement 2.0 equivalents and I’m not sure if that’s because they didn’t need them or that they haven’t shipped yet or if they were missed on the original shipment?

You might checkout this geeklist - it might help you out.

Thanks for the info, will check the geeklist you linked to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Identity Flux
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fscx wrote:
If all You Did was pay the $6.00 for the 2.0 material and at the time did not e-mail Nikki about the free 2.0 Replacements for the Trickster, Skald, Spriggan, Monsters and Quest Expansion 1 & 2 and Item Expansion 1 (that if you ordered the Skald, Spriggan, Quest expansion and Item expansion 1). Then what you got late last year early this year is all.

If you did e-mail Nikki then you are still waiting on the KS1 add-on and stretch goal 2.0 replacements

I remember emailing Niki saying i had received all the stretch goals etc and what did i need to do, she asked me some questions regarding certain cards and i replied and got a back a "all sorted" style email".

So i'd assume this means i should eventually get move replacement cards.

whats confusing me is on the pledge manager it says my Order is still open and says:

"Please Note: If you are a Printed Materials backer and you didn't add extra items to your order, you can disregard paying the additional shipping. If you did add items, please be sure you cover your shipping and confirm your order.

Only orders that are completely closed with a zero balance will be exported from the pledge manager once shipping begins"

So I'm:

1) a printer material back
2) I didn't add extra items to my order

So... that means i can disregard the £12 its asking me to pay for shipping but it then goes on to say only orders with zero balance will be exported from the pledge manager but i don't have zero balance due to the $12 shipping fee but i should ignore that fee as i didnt add extra content.

I'm sure its really obvious to some people but I'e found this particular kickstarter really hard to track cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fscx
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kindreddreamer wrote:
fscx wrote:

I remember emailing Niki saying i had received all the stretch goals etc and what did i need to do, she asked me some questions regarding certain cards and i replied and got a back a "all sorted" style email".

So i'd assume this means i should eventually get move replacement cards.

whats confusing me is on the pledge manager it says my Order is still open and says:

"Please Note: If you are a Printed Materials backer and you didn't add extra items to your order, you can disregard paying the additional shipping. If you did add items, please be sure you cover your shipping and confirm your order.

Only orders that are completely closed with a zero balance will be exported from the pledge manager once shipping begins"

So I'm:

1) a printer material back
2) I didn't add extra items to my order

So... that means i can disregard the £12 its asking me to pay for shipping but it then goes on to say only orders with zero balance will be exported from the pledge manager but i don't have zero balance due to the $12 shipping fee but i should ignore that fee as i didnt add extra content.

I'm sure its really obvious to some people but I'e found this particular kickstarter really hard to track cry

You have additional items added to the order because of e-mailing Nikki and answering the questions. So you will have to pay some additional shipping but how much im not sure it could be the $12 or it could be less. But the items you need to pay shipping for have not shipped and will not ship till wave 3 when the stretch goals ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Identity Flux
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fscx wrote:
You have additional items added to the order because of e-mailing Nikki and answering the questions. So you will have to pay some additional shipping but how much Im not sure it could be the $12 or it could be less. But the items you need to pay shipping for have not shipped and will not ship till wave 3 when the stretch goals ship.

Ah great thank-you for this I'll go drop the $12 now so its done and dusted. Once again thanks to all who replied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.