BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Scotland

Subject: Meeple Mapper rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hobbs
msg tools
mb
Afternoon all,

You’re probably wondering whatever happened to that awesome website that helped you find your nearby meetups, shops and boardgames cafes. Whilst Meeple Mapper been quiet for a couple of months, it's had a small but significant overhaul…

For users, it’s simply a change in how recurring events are listed (they’re grouped together now) and a date-stamp highlighting when it was last checked.

For me, I've ditched the old method of tracking as it became way too laborious to manage so many meetups. The way it worked before was that if a meetup ran out of events, it'd remove itself. Now it will auto-insert itself into the map unless I draft it. It means I still need to check manually, but it means I don't have to generate the events to keep meetups on the map. And the date-stamp lets you know when the info was last checked. I think it's the best middle-ground for retaining accurate information whilst not killing myself maintaining the data.

I think it also has to be said that I'd somewhat underestimated how many meetups there are in the UK. At the moment Meeple Mapper has over 200 meetups listed!

As always, there is the contact page if you spot any information that’s incorrect, or if there are new meetups, stores, cafes or events not listed on the website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.