Subject: What happens to extra action tiles after they are used? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules copy I have says on p.11

When used, the tile is removed from the game

The rules also say there are 12 extra action tiles.
It doesn't itemize them any further - but, with 6 actions, it must be 2 tiles per action in the game? (or if not, what is the distribution?)

I'm playing on Boiteajeux so I don't have the physical game to check.

The reason I'm asking is that in my current game
(http://www.boiteajeux.net/jeux/trj/partie.php?id=48752)
there are 2 Construction extra actions in the forum.
But, if you look at the history, you can see that I picked and played a Construction extra action earlier in the game.

So, how can there be 2 now? Is this a bug in Boiteajeux? Shouldn't the one I played earlier have been removed from the game, so only one could ever have appeared in the Forum in the future?

Or, am I misunderstanding the rule in some way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 2 extra action wild cards in addition to the 12 extra action tiles (2 for each action).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
There are 2 extra action wild cards in addition to the 12 extra action tiles (2 for each action).

But I didn't use a wild card. I used a Contruction-specific extra action tile. And now there are two of those Construction-specific extra action tiles in the Forum. So that's impossible, right?

I wonder if Boiteajeux is putting them back in the "drawing pool" after they are used, which would be a bug I guess - they shouldn't be allowed to be drawn again for future Forum draws.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
As I recall it, forum is not filled from the same pool. There is the large green area with most of the tiles. The first row has a yellow background, and so this is filled from a seperate pool.

EDIT:

Yes, the 12 extra action tiles must be those with a yellow backside. That fits with 3 going to the first row of the Forum each quarter.

Then there are 70 Forum tiles, which have a green backside and go on the rest of the Forum tiles depending on the number of players - and also where markers for the provinces are taken.

The Forum tiles are much more varied in typy, so I figure that is why the yellow extra tiles where seperated from those - to ensure that there will always be at least a few extra action tiles in the Forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
sfox wrote:

But I didn't use a wild card. I used a Contruction-specific extra action tile. And now there are two of those Construction-specific extra action tiles in the Forum. So that's impossible, right?

I wonder if Boiteajeux is putting them back in the "drawing pool" after they are used, which would be a bug I guess - they shouldn't be allowed to be drawn again for future Forum draws.

it has been a really long time since I played, but I know in the forum there are the 3 brown colored spaces on the left which get filled with the 12 extra action tiles (the brown ones). Then there are the green tiles which go in the rest of the forum. There may also be green extra action tiles (in addition to the wild cards) for each action.

That said, the brown extra action tiles are definitely not recycled. There are 4 rounds and there are 3 spots in the forum for the 12 brown extra action tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that seems to solve the mystery. I didn't realize there were extra-action tiles also being drawn from a different source.
Even when I've played in-person, it was always someone else running the game, so I never had be involved in the "making of the sausage" after each round.

So, that makes it a little harder to strategize based on probability of certain specific extra-actions appearing...ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
it has been a really long time since I played, but I know in the forum there are the 3 brown yellow colored spaces on the left which get filled with the 12 extra action tiles (the brown yellow-backed ones). Then there are the green tiles which go in the rest of the forum. There may also be are green extra action tiles (in addition to the wild cards) for each action.

That said, the brown yellow extra action tiles are definitely not recycled. There are 4 rounds and there are 3 spots in the forum for the 12 brown yellow extra action tiles.
FTFY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris ward
Scotland
Paisley
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah there are green backed extra action tiles. I think 2 for each action so each action will see 2-4 extra action tiles per game (not all the green ones come out every time esp at lower player counts).

Only green backed tiles can end up on the military map (if you've ever noticed any placed there)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petyr E
Russia
flag msg tools
JohnnyDollar wrote:

The Boiteajeux implementation sticks to the rules firmly, and all unused Forum tiles leave the game completely, do not go in the drawing pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.