Subject: 2 Scythe Automa Decks Available for Purchase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello fellow gamers!

I was able to purchase 3 Automa decks yesterday, plus one Automa deck for the expansion. That brought my Automa decks up to 4 for the base game. I haven't received the expansion yet, but will soon.

Shortly after purchasing them, I heard the Automa decks were all sold out. I felt badly for the gamers who have been waiting for these decks for awhile.

I want to sell 2 of the 3 decks I purchased (for the base game) yesterday to other gamers. I don't want to post a message saying, GM me, because then it's just the lucky ones who read my message first. I want to do a lottery thing.

So:

After I receive my copies, I'll post a message in the forums (like this one) setting a date and asking all of you good folks to respond to my message. All that do respond will be assigned a individual number, and on the date I provide (I'll give everyone a week to respond to my message), I'll go to an online random number selector and choose 2 numbers.

The owners of those 2 numbers will have a chance to buy one of my Automa decks (at the $7.00 price). I'll pay shipping costs if they are in the United States. If they are somewhere else, I'll determine how much it will cost and will see if the winner and I can split the cost some way.

Jeez, this seems more explanation than I anticipated. lol. Hope you all understand, and I'll talk with you soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Malone
United States
Mansfield
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luuk Van Aken
Canada
Lacombe
Alberta
flag msg tools
That's a really good idea
I just purchased the retail version in game store yesterday and it had the automa deck in the box. Are there some versions without the automa? Or else what's the point of buying the deck separate? Is it so that you can play with more than one automa opponent at a time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of solo players swear by running multiple automa. It does seem the way to go...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LuukVA wrote:
That's a really good idea
I just purchased the retail version in game store yesterday and it had the automa deck in the box. Are there some versions without the automa? Or else what's the point of buying the deck separate? Is it so that you can play with more than one automa opponent at a time?

There are a few threads on people who have played solo with multiple Automa decks. Many of the people say it plays wonderfully that way. It's why a lot of people are buying multiple decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
A lot of solo players swear by running multiple automa. It does seem the way to go...
i just wish international shipping wasn't so expensive. i'm very tempted to have them shipped to someone back home who would then ship to me, but i don't know how much it would actually save, having to pay for shipping twice lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Stupid question: WHAT is an "Automa deck"? :(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrell wrote:
Stupid question: WHAT is an "Automa deck"?
it's a deck of cards with a bunch of symbols on it that you shuffle and deal out randomly that denote what the AI player will do.

there's a lot of IF/THEN scenarios, such as 'IF enemy mech, THEN move' etc.

it takes a bit of calibration to get used to it, but once you do, it's not too bad, and there's a reference card for all the symbols

but basically it just lets you have an AI player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew: For each shipment, we look at it to see if the actual shipping costs less than the listed shipping fee. If it turns out to be less, we'll refund the difference to the customer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Andrew: For each shipment, we look at it to see if the actual shipping costs less than the listed shipping fee. If it turns out to be less, we'll refund the difference to the customer.
that's good to hear!

now to anxiously wait for them to return to stock whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! We'll have more of the core game Automa decks on December 9 (estimate), and we're going to make a full print run just of those decks (March release), as they continue to be very popular.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rakstad
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question, why can't you run two automa factions with one deck? (not that I'm trying to discourage a sale here :-))
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joepunman wrote:
Question, why can't you run two automa factions with one deck? (not that I'm trying to discourage a sale here :-))
you shuffle the deck and then draw one card per turn, and what you've drawn already stays out and informs some of the actions you can take and what the automa will do, and also helps you keep track of the stars you've drawn (also once you've played enough and know the automa deck, you can know which cards have already been drawn; not sure if that's a plus or minus though)

anyway, using it for two AI could maybe work with some tweaking (but likely wouldn't be balanced), and with 3 or more, you're going to run into trouble of reshuffling the deck quite often, and if you lose track of stars, it'll be kind of impossible to track

so i would say that balance is a big reason, but ease of use is another
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Lord: they are sold out already...?
Where were they even available? Stonemaier Games store I'm guessing...?

And there is another automa for the expansion, and that too is sold out...?
...arggghhhh....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we sell extra Automa decks from our ala carte store. We have more on the way (the expansion set is still in stock):

https://shop.trycelery.com/page/474ecdd8-7dbb-4068-b1e9-4f5d...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy O
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:

Does anyone know what the actual shipping cost to the UK is? I was placing an order for an Automa deck but the listed shipping of $15 was too much for me so I didn't complete the order. I didn't know I might end up paying less. Has anyone in the UK ordered just an Automa deck? If so, it would be good to know what you paid for shipping.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.