Daytona
Florida
flag msg tools
Come and get them if you dare!
badge
To Do List: 1. Eat 2. Workout 3. Be Amazing
mbmbmbmbmb
Ice Biter’s Rage
Garnak glanced over his shoulder, ready to curse the nearest orc for being to slow. He would be made an example of, a continual affirmation as leader of this raiding party. He was surprised to see the entire warband falling in behind him, silent and ready for battle. The usual infighting and posturing was gone. These orc’s moved with a sense of purpose. Their thoughts were on the spoils of war.

+A few days earlier+
Garnak: Garnak want lots of gold.
The Dark figure: You can have all the gold and jewels you can carry. I only want one, small, thing.
Garnak: What you want?
Dark figure: It would be easier to show you.

The Dark figure held out its hand, the image of a cube floating in the air just above it. The cube rotated slowly. It was blue in color, translucent, and the size of a human childs skull. Tiny points of light swirled and rotated within the cube, like stars in the night sky. When Garnak looked very closely he could even see bolts of lightning jump from star to star. Garnak had never wanted anything more than he wanted this box.

The box vanished.

Dark Figure: This is what I want.
Garnak: Where?
Dark Figure: Nilfheim’s lair, although you do not know her by that name. You know her as Ice Biter.
At the mention of that name, Garnak flinched. The flinch would have gone unnoticed to the average observer but the Dark Figure was watching the Orc for a tell.
Garnak: Ice Biter kill many great orc warrior’s.
Dark Figure: I am well aware of this. Has she ever faced Garnak? You are chief. Kill Ice Biter and you could be Big Chief.
The Dark Figure was well aware of the question he posed to Garnak. It was intended as a challenge to Garnak’s strength, ego, and position among his clan. He was not disappointed with Garnak’s response.
The large orc’s eyes narrowed and his lips curled back revealing yellowed, wicked teeth.
Garnak: Garnak kill Ice Biter. Keep everything but blue box.
Dark Figure: Yesss.
+Now+
Garnak (wearing wolf skins) leads his band of warriors to the lair of Ice Biter.
The Dark Figure did not tell him of the Granite Guardians at the entrance of the lair but it does not matter.

Garnak wants the treasure and more importantly the box.

Garnak has killed the Granite Guardian and now that his warband has seen their leader kill the enemy they rush forward in a frenzy.

The Granite Guardians have been eliminated or no longer pose a threat.
Garnak barks his orders and the warband enters the frozen lair of Ice Biter.
A young Wyrmling, spawn of Ice Biter, tries to intercept the intruders but is quickly cut down by the mob.

Ice Biter (Nilfheim) seeing one of her brood cut down by the intruders is enraged and prosecutes the orc warband with ice cold hatred.
Her cold breath encases seven of the invaders in a tomb of ice.
Ice Biter will eventually eat these frozen orcs.
She will save Garnak for last, perhaps she will save him as a trophy.
Two orcs, seeing their companions turned to ice, decided it was a good idea to retreat.

+Days Later+
Dark Figure: Where is the object I was promised?
Orc 1: Don’t know…
Dark Figure: Where is Garnak?
Orc 2: Frozen by Ice Biter.
Dark Figure: That is all. Get out of my sight.
+Nilfheims Lair+
She looked down at the shattered body of her child and nudged it with her snout. The young wyrm did not move. Her heart began to beat harder and rage took over.
Nilfheim: I will kill every last orc and when they are gone I will find who sent them my child.
Her heart burned and her blood boiled but Garnak remained frozen in perpetuity.

End Game Stuff
•Orc Army
Tornak Kills: Dzu-Teh x1
Garnak (custom) Kills: Granite Guardian x1
Nerak Kills: White Wyrmling
Swog Rider Kills:
Blade Grut x2 Kills: Dzu-Teh x2
Heavy Grut Kills: Air Elemental
Arrow Grut Kills: Granite Guardian x1

•Dragon Army
Nilfheim Kills: Nerak, Garnak, Heavy Grut x2, Grut x3
White Wyrmling
Air Elemental Kills: Grut x1
Granite Guardians Kills: Swog Rider, Heavy Grut x2, Grut x3
Dzu-Teh Kills: Tornak, Grut Orc x2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was a fun story to read Shawn - makes me want to get the set out and play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Baldwin
United States
Daytona
Florida
flag msg tools
Come and get them if you dare!
badge
To Do List: 1. Eat 2. Workout 3. Be Amazing
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you enjoyed it. Now bust out your HS and play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.