Subject: Fracking Pirates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Simple question: do the effects of "Pirates" (no end-of-turn Funding drop) also neutralize the effects of "Fracking" (additional -1 Funding at end of turn) or just the base -1 drop? The End-of-Turn procedure punchout that came with Awakening is ambiguous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My interpretation:

* none of those events in play => -1 Funding;
* only Pirates in play => cancels the normal decreasing (-1+1=0, i.e., no changes);
* only Fracking in play => an additional -1 Funding;
* both in play => Funding decreases only by 1.

The gist of my interpretation: do a simple sum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
evacbs wrote:
My interpretation:

* none of those events in play => -1 Funding;
* only Pirates in play => cancels the normal decreasing (-1+1=0, i.e., no changes);
* only Fracking in play => an additional -1 Funding;
* both in play => Funding decreases only by 1.

The gist of my interpretation: do a simple sum.

I am inclined to agree, but the wording on the card itself is a bit unclear. If your interpretation is correct, perhaps in a reprint the Pirates card could read, "After resolving the end-of-turn Funding drop (including Fracking, if in play), +1 Funding."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Bender
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, the intent of the End of Turn mnemonic is to show all of the possible Jihadist funding loss/gain modifiers based on what is in play at the time, and then have the players simply do the math. It is slightly clearer in the rules under (11.3.6), but I should be more specific about it being the net result after all of the lingering events are calculated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.