Subject: 2-Player Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Muench
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
new user
So I've played this game primary as a 2-player game largely due with the infrequency I can seem to get the game on the table. Due to this, it often feels like the agent has a much easier time winning, as there are only two enemy units chasing you around during 2- or 3-player games. Do ya'll think that this is the case and a third unit should be added or is this just the case of not playing the game well enough yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TFJ383 wrote:
So I've played this game primary as a 2-player game largely due with the infrequency I can seem to get the game on the table. Due to this, it often feels like the agent has a much easier time winning, as there are only two enemy units chasing you around during 2- or 3-player games. Do ya'll think that this is the case and a third unit should be added or is this just the case of not playing the game well enough yet?

2p is when it's easiest for the Agent, no question, however I would still expect the Hunter to win more often than not. I've never lost a game as a Hunter at any player count and that includes a decent number of 2p games. This is definitely a game where experience counts; if the better/more experienced player in your games is the Agent then that might bring it back into balance. I wouldn't recommend throwing in an extra character unless you really find the Hunter cannot win. It's nice for the Agent to win sometimes and at other counts it's very tough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm... I don't have the stats handy, but haven't found the difficulty to be slanted one way or the other in the 2 player games. With that said, I've definitely noticed that the 2 player games can be much more swingy, which could certainly lead to the perspective that it's unbalanced it one side consistently pulls out fast/early wins.

A lot of that just comes down to less hitpoints and equipment for the agent and the fixed knowledge of objectives for the Hunters. If the Hunters get lucky with a sighting/hit or two early it makes success pretty difficult for the Agent. On the other hand in a 2 player game if the Hunters guess wrong, the Agent can slip by them and make them play catch-up, or occasionally not even see the Agent until they are on the way out.

the 4 player game seems to have less swingyness to it, and is a preferred mode - although the 5 player is INCREDIBLY fun, too... just much more chaotic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buttons McBoomboom
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played this yet so take this with a grain of salt...

I'm looking to introduce this game to some younger players so I've been thinking of a way to ease them into this.

What about this idea for helping the hunters out when there are only two hunters in play: Any time an agent crosses the two lane street, a last seen token is placed. (But you don't reveal the agent until a hunter has actually seen them.)

This would play like having two extra hunters just squatting down the whole game on the streets. If the hunters are struggling getting a bead on the agent, this at least guarantees a couple of hints throughout the game as to where the agent is.

Thoughts? Too powerful?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.