Subject: scoring cities and pulling cards questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Hey guys, maybe I am over thinking this, but how can you tell how many fields each city has for scoring?

Also, what do you do with the extra cards you pull if you are out of companions or swords? Since you remove a certain amount in different games we had instances where we pulled swords and had no tokens left. Do you just ignore and redraw?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kendrick
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
It's not a box, it's a...
badge
mbmbmb
Re: scoring cities.
How many fields = how many "cells" (squares) comprising a city.

There is one 12 field city (big one in lower right of board).

The four other cities vary in size, having 6, 5, 4, or 3 fields depending on the city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Thanks for the response. Can you answer my second question I just edited into my post? I just played and the issue came up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kendrick
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Pathosis wrote:

Also, what do you do with the extra cards you pull if you are out of companions or swords? Since you remove a certain amount in different games we had instances where we pulled swords and had no tokens left. Do you just ignore and redraw?

You still resolve the card as usual. You just pull the necessary sword token or companion from the reserve (which is a combination of any removed at the start of the game based on player count, and any that were discarded during the course of play).

Running out of sword tokens and companions just serves as the timer on the game. There is not a hard limit on total amount available (there will always be enough for every card in the deck).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Thanks, but are you sure about that? The main reason for my confusion is that in the rulebook it says when swords are used and companions are taken out at the beginning that they are "removed from the game and put back into the box" not just discarded. I wonder why the wording was done like that if they were just meant to be discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kendrick
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ok you may have a point there. In that case you just pull out of the pool of tokens or adventurers set aside (determined by player count). I don't think you ever "skip" flipped cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Hmmm, the only issue with that is that you are told to remove the initial components from the game as well. I am actually surprised this question has not been asked before on here, considering I don't see any mention on what to do in that situation in the book. Anyone else have any insight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Never mind, I found an old forum post about it. Not sure why I didn't see it before. You replace from the box as needed, and the supply on the table is the one that is used as an end game timer. So you are correct sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kendrick
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I had a chance to pull out the rules and look because this made me curious. Here is what p6 of the English rules say (top of the page):

Quote:
If there are no companions left on the table to put them on the game board, take one from the box. If there are no sword tiles left in the stockpile on the table, shuffle the discarded ones in the box face down and draw one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Yeah I saw that a second ago as well. It was in a weird spot in the rulebook I found. I actually over looked it the first two times I read the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.