Subject: Plant expansion with climate clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the difference between "any player" and "every player" here? It sounds like you check every player's boards no matter what. Why not just say if something checks for the amount of food in the watering hole total up all player's boards? Unless something is meant to say check your own board.

Species with the Fertile Trait increase their Population
at this time if any player’s Plant Species Board still
contains food. Other cards which normally check the
Watering Hole for leftover food (Migratory) instead
check every player’s Plant Species Boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to, but this is how it seems to me:

Fertile will trigger is "any" player has Food on their Plant Species. That means at least one player needs to have at least 1 Plant Food on their Plant Species.

If it had said "every" player, then every player in the game would have to have at least 1 Plant Food on their Plant Species board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The confusion is on the word "instead". "Instead check every
player's board" implies you previously didn't check every player's board but you did to see if any food exists for Fertile. It just sounds weird when reading it out loud. I think it would be more simple to replace the entire paragraph with one sentence that just says "when checking the watering hole total up the food on all player's boards".

I will put it this way. When I read it out loud I was asked "Instead of what? You have to check every board to see if any food is on them for Fertile."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I see. Yeah, that's poorly written. It looks like it was already changed. The latest version is posted on the Kickstarter here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1923120194/evolution-cl...

I still want to look it over carefully before calling it final, which is why I have not uploaded the latest version to our website or here. For instance, it looks like we should mention Migratory in the CLIMATE side of the Plant expansion rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.