14 Posts

Orléans: Deluxe Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Deluxe version?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil DaCosta
Canada
flag msg tools
How do you know if it's the deluxe version before you buy???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mad_Gamer wrote:
How do you know if it's the deluxe version before you buy???

If you are buying new from a retail outlet then it will not be the Deluxe Edition, it was generally only available from Kickstarter and at conventions.

If you are looking at buying from the secondary market then it will be labeled "Orléans Deluxe Edition", otherwise if it says just "Orléans" it will be the regular edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter S.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
If you're looking at a picture, the box is taller (when laying on its back) and heavier. The "normal" version is closer to the size of any other boardgame, where the deluxe version is closer to the size of Terra Mystica or Caverna.

Note that the deluxe version is far from essential. I was actually unhappy with the print quality of the cardboard components and ended up importing the DLP version. That said, the wooden discs and gears are something I enjoy having, and the metal coins are nice (they're very good quality, though there are several alternate sources for good quality coins nowadays).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil DaCosta
Canada
flag msg tools
Is the standard version up to 5 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Berger
Israel
Kfar Saba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, both versions are for 5 players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Wells Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
W Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
falenheld wrote:

I would verify this as it was not my impression. I have the Deluxe which is for 5 players so I can't confirm for the standard TMG version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
bjwells wrote:
falenheld wrote:

I would verify this as it was not my impression. I have the Deluxe which is for 5 players so I can't confirm for the standard TMG version

Neither the DLP or TMG versions play 5 as standard. You need to buy the 5 player upgrade kit. You can also buy a component upgrade kit including wooden meeples (instead of chits in the base game, or wooden discs in the deluxe version) and wooden cogs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil DaCosta
Canada
flag msg tools
How much is the upgrade kit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mad_Gamer wrote:
How much is the upgrade kit?

Board Game Bliss sold them for $35 CAD, you can maybe ask them if they plan to get more copies of the upgrade kit.

http://www.boardgamebliss.com/products/orleans-fan-kit?varia...

Or you can order from dlp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Lenaghan
United Kingdom
Killingworth
flag msg tools
If by any chance any nice Uk people on here were interested in selling their copy of the deluxe edition please pm me just getting into Orleans now and loving it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil DaCosta
Canada
flag msg tools
I'm a bit upset cause I missed the kickstarter for this!!! I'd love the deluxe version but can't afford $200 for a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

lenaghano wrote:
If by any chance any nice Uk people on here were interested in selling their copy of the deluxe edition please pm me just getting into Orleans now and loving it!

Really, I have it and you won't be missing much if you pick up the "Fan Kit" from dlp. It adds the fifth player and includes wooden bits, which aren't quite as good as the deluxe ones (I think round tokens are easier to play with), but are still wooden. The only thing you are missing I think are the metal coins and the resource tokens which arguably need to be chits anyhow for random setup (we draw ours out of a bag to try to offset the problem a bit). The coins are nice, but there is nothing really special about them - they don't even have Orleans written on them. On the other hand, the fan kit gives arguably nicer bags. The dlp version also has a much nicer linen finish for the tiles, and they match the expansions, so much so that I'm considering buy a dlp copy as well, just so that we have the nicer tiles...

Susie_Cat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Lenaghan
United Kingdom
Killingworth
flag msg tools
Not fancy selling? :-p haha worth the try

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

By the time we consider selling, trust me - you won't want it, it'll be worn out!

Susie_Cat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.