Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Vallerand
Canada
St-Basile-Le-Grand
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Played my first game with Salsa yesterday, and it's amazing.

The rulebook offers auctioning off the starting Forum tiles with VPs, and that sounds interesting, but... nowhere does it say we start with points, or how many?

I thought of making it a reverse auction, as in "I'll take this power with a 10VP boost because it's so weak!" "what, no, I can take it for 6!" But that can lead to whoever takes the last tile having a huge disadvantage, since they get it for 0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
JVallerand wrote:
Hi,

Played my first game with Salsa yesterday, and it's amazing.

The rulebook offers auctioning off the starting Forum tiles with VPs, and that sounds interesting, but... nowhere does it say we start with points, or how many?

I thought of making it a reverse auction, as in "I'll take this power with a 10VP boost because it's so weak!" "what, no, I can take it for 6!" But that can lead to whoever takes the last tile having a huge disadvantage, since they get it for 0.

you start at zero. you could bid as many points as you want but more than a few is likely pointless.

I'd be more worried about who gets the tiebreaker when a bunch of people bid zero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
You start at zero. you could bid as many points as you want but more than a few is likely pointless.

Right.

Each player starts at zero (as always) and then, as per the Salsa rules, the player winning an auction "spends the victory points that were bid by going backwards on the victory point track." (Emphasis added.)

Thus, you could start with negative victory points if you buy a tile for more than zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.