Subject: Platoon Rotation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Boone
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of questions on how you guys play the Platoon Rotation rule.

1. When starting a Turn do you pick any platoon to go first or do you always start with your lowest numbered Platoon?

We pick whatever Platoon we want to start with each Turn.

2. When doing the rotation do you continue in strict sequence, ie if I started the Turn activating Platoon 3, the next up would be Platoon 4, then 5, etc, etc, OR do you just pick another Platoon ensuring all Platoons' have had an activation before picking one that has already gone that Turn?

I've been going in a strict sequence but can see where that can be a disadvantage the more Platoons you have on map. Using a strict sequence puts more of a burden on your initial setup and how you assign Platoon numbers.

3. When you activate a Spotter, how does that affect your Platoon Rotation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Smith
United States
Port Arthur
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

1) I didn't necessarily go by the number of the platoon. I might do it by position on the board. For example, the platoon on the left might go first, then the platoon in the center, then the platoon on the right.
2) I believe that I did tend to stay in sequence. Left, center, right, left, center, right, for example.
3) This is difficult to remember, but I think it would just result in a temporary interruption of the normal sequence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Ljungberg
Sweden
Gävle
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We play it as each platoon have to do one action before any platoon do its second action and so on. No specific rotation and spotters whenever you want in the rotation.

It is not uncommon for me as a player to do it in a fixed rotation to help me keep tack of who is next.

/Erik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.