Subject: North Africa? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juha Helin
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always wondered that why Panzer with such a clear cut purpose never quite made it to North African front. Does anyone know if there are plans to expand the system there, to the ultimate Panzer country (I'd imagine that it would be the place to show the true merits of the system)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the original Yaquinto already did:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4289/88
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juha Helin
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch! Thanks! Missed that one. Wondering is GMT is going to follow suit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're only on Expansion #4 (France, 1940), so there's plenty of milk left in the old cow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tico wrote:
Always wondered that why Panzer with such a clear cut purpose never quite made it to North African front. Does anyone know if there are plans to expand the system there, to the ultimate Panzer country (I'd imagine that it would be the place to show the true merits of the system)?

Jim Day has indicated very clearly he is working on a North Africa product for the Panzer series. He has said it would likely be stand-alone since the vehicle artwork is expected to change, and it will also enable the MBT series to expand to "IDF" (which itself may be multiple projects) since North Africa is where the desert rules will be introduced.

Jim has quite a bit on his plate at the moment - in terms of things that have already achieved their P500 - France: 1940 (Panzer), FRG (MBT), and BAOR (MBT). I suspect it may be a long while before we see North Africa, but I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if it skipped ahead in line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juha Helin
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nadir_E wrote:
[q="tico"]Jim Day has indicated very clearly he is working on a North Africa product for the Panzer series. He has said it would likely be stand-alone since the vehicle artwork is expected to change, and it will also enable the MBT series to expand to "IDF" (which itself may be multiple projects) since North Africa is where the desert rules will be introduced.

I suspect it may be a long while before we see North Africa, but I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed if it skipped ahead in line.

Well, that would be about the best ever (or at least for quite some time) if GMT came up with standalone Africa product on the series. I would guess that there are quite few people who would not be disappointed if it skipped couple of places in the line... whistle

Good to know that it has been thought about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave Prasse
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I'm all for a stand alone 88 update , skipping forward !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
North Africa is definitely on the list of future projects and it's going to be a stand-alone release. Where it fits in the schedule of future projects after Panzer: France 1940 and FRG and BAOR has yet to be determined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juha Helin
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mongoose27 wrote:
North Africa is definitely on the list of future projects and it's going to be a stand-alone release. Where it fits in the schedule of future projects after Panzer: France 1940 and FRG and BAOR has yet to be determined.

Before them?

Great news. Shall wait then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.