$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
27.1% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Tom
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hey folks,

I've owned FF:GD since 2011/12~ and have only played it 1-2 times since then. Just this week I took the opportunity to revisit and realized that it was a PITA for me to play it in solitaire mode. How many of you have played FF in Solitaire...and if you have, were there any modifications made to your gameplay to enhance the experience - I was considering leveraging: [50.1] Events during setup to really add variety...Or get a human/friend to partake in the game.

I think this is one of the few games I actually want to play F2F - since, after all, it is a blast...

/end rant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Townsend
Italy
Roma
Lazio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BTW 'PITA' = Pain In The Ass

I had to search for that.

I have only played it one scenario and a half, and solo at that. It was no worse than playing Combat Commander solo for me.
I found the game took too long to play out too little action for my taste.
A bit like Tide of Iron in that respect for me. If it is not fairly fast moving I need it more immersive in a different way than this does for me when playing solo.
Playing Ftf may be quite different in this regard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I found the same, this is really a F2F game due to all the "wristage" involved. Personally I don't find card play a problem solitaire, I just do what I think is best for my side at the momen.

The game reminds me of Iron and Oak which I find quite fun F2F, but sucks solitaire because of all the opposed die rolls.

I really don't think there's a way around it, as it is integral to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The massive wristage of FF is mitigated by playing on Vassal...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.