$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 126.15

7,499 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Legends Untold» Forums » General

Subject: How does it play with multiple players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Hammer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only recently discovered this game and it has certainly piqued my interest.

While I am all in favour of it being solo-able (a big reason for my interest if I'm honest), I'm curious to know how it plays with multiple players. Does the party move as one or can players do their own thing, does each hero have to roll to bypass a challenge, can players pool skills or assist each other, etc?

So basically, can anybody throw some light on the multi-player aspect?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Dickson
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slickerdrips showed a 2 player run through of the game, shows some of the party mechanics involved.

In short the party moves as one group.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fire
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The party moves as a unit and there's a marching order which does come into play; traps for example may only affect the characters in the middle, or just the leader.

You can do assists to help others out. I plan on trying it with a solo character but I think ultimately I'll run multiples to get all the assist benefits.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rayz2112 wrote:
Slickerdrips showed a 2 player run through of the game, shows some of the party mechanics involved.

In short the party moves as one group.

Where can I see this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
msg tools
Skrell wrote:
Rayz2112 wrote:
Slickerdrips showed a 2 player run through of the game, shows some of the party mechanics involved.

In short the party moves as one group.

Where can I see this?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbbnx-xC8uU
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Hammer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link.

After watching the video I'm not sure this will make it to the table as a multiplayer. It still looks fun as a solo game though, and I like the 'choose your own adventure' feel to it, but it certainly lowers the need to pick up the add-on for me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bluehammer wrote:
Thanks for the link.

After watching the video I'm not sure this will make it to the table as a multiplayer. It still looks fun as a solo game though, and I like the 'choose your own adventure' feel to it, but it certainly lowers the need to pick up the add-on for me.

I also watched the video and it reminded me a lot of another Kickstarter game called Aventuria....didn't really seem like any of the gameplay elements were something special. What were your thoughts as to why it wouldn't make it to the table multiplayer?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Hammer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrell wrote:

I also watched the video and it reminded me a lot of another Kickstarter game called Aventuria....didn't really seem like any of the gameplay elements were something special. What were your thoughts as to why it wouldn't make it to the table multiplayer?


There didn't seem to be much character interaction or meaningful player choice. One character undertook a lot of the tests, so the other character did little more than tapping a card and offering a light. While that works OK for solo play, as managing several characters at once gives the player a certain amount of resource management and character optimization, I don't think my group would get into a game that essentially boils down to watching somebody else make all the rolls.

This doesn't make it a bad multiplayer game, just not one that will fit my group, and I am certainly interested in it from a solo game perspective.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
This is a good point really. At the moment, very few people have played the game multi-player and most of the videos I've seen have been solitaire.

It could be a case that for a lot of groups, the game play might suffer from an Alpha player syndrome. One player just directs operations, saying "OK, you do this. You support. We'll play the new map like this and we will explore this exit." and so on.

We don't know enough about the game to get a better idea of just what the game play is about and if players can defuse an alpha player.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I'm really looking forward to this game! I play solo almost exclusively, so it's perfect for me.

I'm actually starting to worry that the creators will make changes before publication to make it more multiplayer friendly; thereby messing up a very good solo game. shake





1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.