1 , 2  Next »   | 

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Boards I'd like to see for this game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mb
While I'm not sure of all the details on the boards yet since they seem to be work in progress still, I do have some suggestions for stuff that might be a lot of fun..

-A harbour.
This would allow for water and land to be present, and could even include some ships. There could be a tower as elevated terrain at the harbour, if the board comes in an expansion the tower could have its own mold.. could be a cool ruined tower. It could make for the ultimate clash between land and sea forces.

-Green field with a bridge over a river.
I know its war and all, but a nice green patch of grass could be a nice change of pace. The gods are still around after all, and those close to nature would be able to cause things to grow. There could be many trees here too, allowing for ranged cover. The river would limit mobility of many units but would be a nice addition for aquatic units. The bridge would make for a nice chokepoint too, allowing good cover for ranged units behind whoever is assigned to guard the bridge.

-City wall.
Could be great for a scenario with a clear defender and attacker, where the attacker could get more recruitment points but the defender would have several elevated positions, with several gates in between these positions to complete the wall.

-village.
Omphalas could be in the houses, and within houses there would be protection. Would need to be no physical houses, just showing the walls displayed on the board to indicate that its a building and it blocks line of sight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does Conan have a village map?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see a huge board that can accomodate 5+ players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The Conan RPG Kickstarter from Modiphius has plans for map tiles that will be compatible with the Conan board game, so I would guess the would work with Mythic Battles too. They probably won't have the unit limits on them but still, could be useful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
I would like to see a huge board that can accomodate 5+ players.

Not sure if I'd need a 6 player board but an extended board (90x60 instead of 60x60 cm) would be interesting.

What also would be the question is how many areas will be on the board. Some armies would play better or narrower boards than others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmb
Rhalius wrote:
-A harbour.
This would allow for water and land to be present

-village.
Omphalas could be in the houses, and within houses there would be protection. Would need to be no physical houses, just showing the walls displayed on the board to indicate that its a building and it blocks line of sight.

Leo mentioned something about an island. May be a random thought or a tease.

Villages may help the peasant expansion. You could always add your own custom 3D houses as terrain and house rule them (blocks LoS).

I think we may gain more by having an extra house terrain than an actual village map, but yeah it is a good suggestion and combines with what we have been shown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume the big black square in the all in pledge section is going to be a special map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
I vote for a night landscape !!!
(One of the most beautiful maps in Conan is the castle one at night with a fireplace)
Just imagine how great that would be to get Olympian Gods fighting in the middle of the night just under the stars ! (By the way, there could be a lake reflecting the moon light)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Rhalius wrote:
While I'm not sure of all the details on the boards yet since they seem to be work in progress still, I do have some suggestions for stuff that might be a lot of fun..

-A harbour.
This would allow for water and land to be present, and could even include some ships. There could be a tower as elevated terrain at the harbour, if the board comes in an expansion the tower could have its own mold.. could be a cool ruined tower. It could make for the ultimate clash between land and sea forces.

I know its war and all, but a nice green patch of grass could be a nice change of pace. The gods are still around after all, and those close to nature would be able to cause things to grow. There could be many trees here too, allowing for ranged cover. The river would limit mobility of many units but would be a nice addition for aquatic units. The bridge would make for a nice chokepoint too, allowing good cover for ranged units behind whoever is assigned to guard the bridge.

-City wall.
Could be great for a scenario with a clear defender and attacker, where the attacker could get more recruitment points but the defender would have several elevated positions, with several gates in between these positions to complete the wall.

-village.

Sorry but none of these will come on this KS. But a place way more famous is coming soon Something very epic and cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A map with snow would be nice.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
Olympus with snow would be amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Marks
United States
Sioux falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoit0905 wrote:
Rhalius wrote:

-A harbour.

-City wall.

-village.

Sorry but none of these will come on this KS. But a place way more famous is coming soon Something very epic and cool.

New Jersey?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Thanee wrote:

Bye
Thanee

Sorry no snow... but good idea, maybe next time...

This map is something that evebybody will consider as obvious once it will be revelaed... This is something very famous.

I already said too much about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the Acropolis?

Either way, there are quite a few locations in Greek mythology.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marnix de Wit
Netherlands
Sliedrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoit0905 wrote:
Thanee wrote:

Bye
Thanee

Sorry no snow... but good idea, maybe next time...

This map is something that evebybody will consider as obvious once it will be revelaed... This is something very famous.

I already said too much about it.

Temple of Delphi?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Marnix wrote:

Temple of Delphi?

Nope
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marnix de Wit
Netherlands
Sliedrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Athens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marnix de Wit
Netherlands
Sliedrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or the temple of Zeus with his big statue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Thermopylae
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a ring?to do some wrestling between Titans?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmb
Maybe one of the old 7 wonders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caibre wrote:
It's Thermopylae

Bam!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mb
Thermopylae looks great, it is disappointing that the other side is useless without the Poseidon expansion however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All I want from the maps is a good indication of what blocks LOS and what blocks movement. See the Conan boards for an example of how not to do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TwentySides wrote:
All I want from the maps is a good indication of what blocks LOS and what blocks movement. See the Conan boards for an example of how not to do this.

This game's LOS is considerably easier. If there is any 3D terrain or unit between you and your target, you can't attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.