3 Posts

Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ending movement in a rival's Sector rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Framarin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I end my ship or fleet's movement in a Sector or System with a rival's ship if we have a Trade Agreement and they give me permission? The rules on page 11 say I can ask for permission to enter or move through a Sector, but doesn't say anything about ending movement.

The only clue I have found is on page 17 under Battles In The Same Sector. It gives the example of Civilizations breaking a trade agreement to initiate combat.

I would say that I could end my movement in the same space as a peaceful rival's ship for two reasons. The first is the example above and the second is this situation:

As I'm moving through a rival's territory, say I will spend 2 Commands to move 4 spaces at Impulse and there are rival ships in all four spaces. I get permission to move through the first 2 spaces, but then, my opponent catches on to what I am doing and denies me passing through the next 2 spaces. This leaves my ship sitting in a space with a rival's ship.

I feel like it is implied in the rules, but I really wish it would specifically address it. It is also entire possible that I'm just missing it somewhere.

What do you all think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, you can end movement in the same sector as a rival's ships if you have permission to move through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hardy
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
My recollection is that your trade partner can rescind permission after every individual movement you make, thus trapping you as you've described above, but I don't recall whether or not that's explicit in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.