Subject: Feels like there is something missing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tahsin Shamma
United States
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the strategy is supposed to be quick and fast and you're always looking to see which player is worth which points, but...

I can't put my finger on what I feel is absent. There's some layer of strategy that I'm looking for or an additional level of control that I'm seeking maybe.

Does anyone else have this feeling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vorname nachname
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played it at Essen. I have the same feeling. I think it is a cool theme and cool mechanics and I still want to buy it, but I have the concern that it is a little bit too flat. I have the feeling that it gets boring after a few games.
It's unique and I want to like it, but I'm unsure.
How many times did you play it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it twice.

Turns go by very fast assuming a player is not over analyzing. I love the consideration of tactics, however, I often felt that the best thing to do when you have a gun loaded is to find a way to shoot it. There seems to be very little incentive to wait for more than one turn in order to get better position or equipment. If there's a particular player who is the new target, there's little in the way of defense to avoid being shot.

Maybe I'm looking for defensive powerups besides Teleporter? When I play a FPS game such as Quake III (my favorite FPS of all time) there are map strategies to consider and taking the time to grab health or armor is necessary.

I guess that's the layer I'm looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Italy
Turin - Milan
Piemonte - Lombardia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
There seems to be very little incentive to wait for more than one turn in order to get better position or equipment.

This
The gamemis not strategic but is a tactical one.
And there's a race to get the first kill on all the boards. And if U have the T.H.O.R. it's easier
Try play the game without power cards or use them only as ammunition, this way is less chaotic and U can do a better plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.