Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my copy this week and I am trying to learn the rules.

I understand in the first chapter that only two players can occupy a cabin, the key holder and the the player who's color matches the cabin color.

Two questions:

1) If a camper picks up a key that matches their own color does this mean they are the only camper who can open and enter that cabin?

2) Do these rules extend through the subsequent chapters? Meaning, in chapters II, III and IV are only the key holder and the cabin's matching camper allowed into a particular cabin?

This is a nitpick, but the spaces to record the maniac movement seem small. Yet, it seems possible that several numbers could be recorded during a murderous rage in the same turn if the campers get careless in their positioning. Has anyone had this happen in one of their games? And how did you record the spaces moved through? Did you mark only the first and last space since it is obvious where the killer went from all the bodies dropping?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmb
kinga1965 wrote:
Just received my copy this week and I am trying to learn the rules.

I understand in the first chapter that only two players can occupy a cabin, the key holder and the the player who's color matches the cabin color.

Two questions:

1) If a camper picks up a key that matches their own color does this mean they are the only camper who can open and enter that cabin?

Yes. And after unlocking a cabin, the key returns to the box. So if you wanted to drop the key for another camper to pick up, it would have to be before unlocking the cabin. This seemed pretty harsh to us on our first game, but the maniac moves pretty slow. I think it balances out ok.

kinga1965 wrote:

2) Do these rules extend through the subsequent chapters? Meaning, in chapters II, III and IV are only the key holder and the cabin's matching camper allowed into a particular cabin?

Because cabins are no longer safe zones, and no longer end the chapter for the campers in them, I assume that any one can enter them in subsequent chapters. Also this restriction is listed in the chapter 1 rules, so thats another reason to assume its specific to this chapter.

kinga1965 wrote:

This is a nitpick, but the spaces to record the maniac movement seem small. Yet, it seems possible that several numbers could be recorded during a murderous rage in the same turn if the campers get careless in their positioning. Has anyone had this happen in one of their games? And how did you record the spaces moved through? Did you mark only the first and last space since it is obvious where the killer went from all the bodies dropping?

I only had a single rage so far. Without writing intentionally small, I have for 2-3 numbers in each spot. I ran out of room once because I wrote too big and right in the middle - in this case I wrote smaller, in the gap between circles. I agree a little more room might be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Stassen
Belgium
Dilsen-Stokkem
Limburg
flag msg tools
Looks like I have to read the rules again because the way I played it, the key unlocks a cabin for any player to enter once unlocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuckhazard
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I'm FREEeeee..ee..e..e...
mbmbmbmb
bluestrike01 wrote:
Looks like I have to read the rules again because the way I played it, the key unlocks a cabin for any player to enter once unlocked.

We missed this until halfway through the first game, but by happenstance the correct color keys and campers all grouped together and were already headed to the correct cabins.

This may have been aided by my key placement as the maniac, I'm not sure. I'll definitely think about it next time, as I was only concerned with placing the keys as far away from their cabin as possible. Now I'm wondering about trying to place same color key next to same color camper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.