Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Odyssey pledge level? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Miller
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I realize this might not be the perfect place to ask this, but does the Odyssey pledge level actually get you the game? It kind of looks like it gets you two rulebooks (physical and pdf) and some dice, but I can't imagine paying $50 for that. I assume what they mean is you get the core game, the dice and no stretch goals, whereas if you want the stretch goals you need the God pledge level, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Odyssey pledge is for the RPG only. It was added as as separate pledge so that anyone who was only interested in the RPG did not have to first get a $99 God pledge to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not the game with minis, it's the RPG book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
millertime8306 wrote:
I realize this might not be the perfect place to ask this, but does the Odyssey pledge level actually get you the game? It kind of looks like it gets you two rulebooks (physical and pdf) and some dice, but I can't imagine paying $50 for that. I assume what they mean is you get the core game, the dice and no stretch goals, whereas if you want the stretch goals you need the God pledge level, right?
Yup. It's the illustrated RPG rulebook (300 pages) plus combat dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Miller
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Wow, I totally didn't realize there's an RPG version(?) of the game. Like pen and paper RPG (D&D style?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
millertime8306 wrote:
Wow, I totally didn't realize there's an RPG version(?) of the game. Like pen and paper RPG (D&D style?)

Yes, it's separate from the board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmb
The odyssey pledge gives you:
-RPG Rulebook, both physical and virtual.
-Dice.

The odyssey pledge does NOT include the core game nor any stretch goal.

Yes, it is expensive, but remember the core game alone will retail for $100. At $50, it would be too cheap to give away. And just having the RPG book without any minis may make it lack oomph. It is certainly worth it ONLY in the Typhoon pledge.

I suggest you pair up with another person that wants the ketos mini in the Typhoon pledge, but that also hates conan and rpg stuff. You will both benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
millertime8306 wrote:

The Odissey pledge is the RPG plus the PDF of the book plus a set of dice. You do not get the SG. We proposed this pledge because it was asked by several people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
millertime8306 wrote:

Did you even read the pledge description?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
millertime8306 wrote:

Yes. Here's some more info about it:

Mythic Battles: Pantheon - The Roleplaying Game:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battle...

Roleplaying Game Q&A:

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Miller
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Flaviorbs wrote:
millertime8306 wrote:

Did you even read the pledge description?

I did, but without knowing there was an RPG version of the game, it looked like a typo to me. I figured the extra $50 between it and the $100 pledge was for stretch goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Miller
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Thanee wrote:
millertime8306 wrote:

Yes. Here's some more info about it:

Mythic Battles: Pantheon - The Roleplaying Game:

Roleplaying Game Q&A:

Bye
Thanee

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.