Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » Rules

Subject: Noob Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Castillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
1. Say you roll both of Rey's dice and she has the +2 Melee results on each dice. Clearly she can't resolve those without another melee dice without the + signe BUT if she has a card that is an event, in this case Close Quarters Assault, that says count the number of dice you have showing the melee icon and discard that number of cards from opponents deck, she can play that right even though her dice pool prevents her from using the dice. The card can still be used because she has the melee icons.

2. Assuming the card above CAN'T be used for dice that have been played. So say I had another dice that had a melee and played it and removed it from active dice pool. I decide to play the event for dice that are ACTIVE only right? I can't use a dice that a played a previous turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Castillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
Similar to my other question, if you claim the Emperor's Throne Room, it says you can turn one of your dice pool to a side showing the special ability and immediately resolve it, does that mean you can use dice that you have spent in your turn already or does the dice have to be active. Say you rolled a miss and your miss is still sitting on the table, then you could use the claim? As opposed to say you did a melee damage then resolved that and put the dice back on your characters card, you CANNOT use the claim ability since the dice is not active correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Modified melee facings (the + melee) are still considered melee damage dice. So yes, Close Quarters Assault counts them.

It also does only count dice that are currently in the dice pool.

Emperor's Throne Room has to target a die that's currently in your pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Castillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
For the redeploy cards, lightsaber, for example, you can only redeploy to a blue character correct? It's blue and neutral but does that mean if Rey is defeated I can move it to Finn?

I overthink the rules sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct in that Finn can equip lightsaber because of Finn`s ability which states, You can attach any weapon on this character, ignoring play restrictions.

Also make note that it goes on to say, You can include Red Villain weapons and vehicles in your deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Castle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the lightsaber doesn't have any restriction on it, so you could equip it to any characters, regardless of the color. If the Lightsaber could only be equiped by Blue character, it would be written on it (Blue character only), like it is with Mind Probe or Force Throw.

The color is only meant as a restriction when building your deck. You need to have at least one blue charachter to include the lightsaber in your deck, but once the game is started, any character can use it.

So let's say you play with a Han and Rey team, you equip the lightsaber to Rey, then you could redeploy it to Han when Rey died.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there are several distinctions here;

-building your deck: you must have a character of the appropriate color to include cards of that color

-deploying a card into play;
cards that have deployment restrictions will say so on the card itself with a text similar to "blue character only", so can only be attached to those characters.

-redeploy (which happens when a character dies and any of its upgrades mention they can be redeployed to another character);
redeploy allows to move an upgrade to another character in play and the rules state that redeploy ignores any deployment restrictions!

so a card that is "blue character only" can still be redeployed to a red or yellow character (assuming it has the redeploy ability).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Castillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
OK, so if I have a blue character and yellow character I can use a "neutral" blue card and assign it to a yellow character right? The fact I have a blue character means I can use neutral upgrades to a yellow character.

What if the blue character is defeated? I can no longer use the blue cards in my deck but what if I have a blue neutral card assigned to a yellow character above? I can no longer use it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as the Upgrade doesn't say Blue only, then you can attach it to anyone. The meaning of the character color is only at deck construction. You can't include a color if you don't start the game with a character of that color, gray excepted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tea Hagen
msg tools
mbmb
chico_ace wrote:
OK, so if I have a blue character and yellow character I can use a "neutral" blue card and assign it to a yellow character right? The fact I have a blue character means I can use neutral upgrades to a yellow character.

What if the blue character is defeated? I can no longer use the blue cards in my deck but what if I have a blue neutral card assigned to a yellow character above? I can no longer use it?

Think it's easier with a few examples.

1. A blue character dies and it had 3 blue upgrades on them.
Upgrade one does not have the "Redeploy"-keyword and is discarded.
Upgrade two has "Redeploy" and can be attached to any other character (regardless of colour) as normal
Upgrade three has "Redeploy" and "Blue characters only". The "blue only" only takes effect when the card is first attached to a character, so when it is redeployed it can be attached to a character of any colour.

2. You're blue character is dead, and you're other character is non-blue. In your hand you have 2 blue upgrade cards. One says "Blue characters only", the other does not. The first is now useless (Unless you have a character with an ability like Finn), the second can still be attached to any character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.