4 Posts

Doomtown: Reloaded» Forums » General

Subject: Decks for each faction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt

Maryland
msg tools
So I was thinking about picking up a complete set (base plus all expansions) and was wondering if I can make good balanced decks for each faction just out of a single set or do I need more than one set to do so. Also is it possible to make more than one good deck per faction using the cards from the complete set or do the factions require certain cards from say the base set to be good.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly, you'll need two core sets.

You can make several decks from a "complete" set but I think it will be difficult to make one for each faction. Just because the pull structures might conflict and different decks could be fighting for the same cards. Cards like buffalo rifle, unprepared, kidnappin'. I guess you could use another card of the same value but it won't be as good of a card IMO, leading to a bitnof imbalance.

Also, spell decks usually try to pull high so they tend to have similar draw structures.

Now maybe only a few cards will conflict, so you could always use proxies for those cards.

That's my two cents but I'm not as well versed in the ways of DTR as other so I'm sure more advice is on the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
A second base set will be really useful but not essential. However if you want to leave all of the faction decks set-up, rather than shuffling cards between them for each play, then you will need a second base set.

A second base set is useful for the extra jokers as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely think you could make a good deck for each FACTION with 1 playset of cards but if you are talking about OUTFITS instead of FACTIONS then no I think you'd need 2 playsets of cards. And a core set only gets you 2 of each card so you'd definitely want 2 core sets imo. There are A LOT of good cards in the core set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.