Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Morton
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
Hello everybody,

First off, I will not be referencing my actual project page or Kickstarter Campaign info here, until I get the go ahead. I'm just not clear on whether informing you all in these forums is considered appropriate or not.

However, what I would love to know is:

1) Does this project sound interesting to you?
2) If so, what is considered the most appropriate way to inform you in here?

I have already bought BGG Ad Banner Space for the project, but I was hoping to get some additional awareness in here.

So, we are creating a set of premium plastic miniatures(like those found in professionally published board games)and are working with high profile artist and sculptors to create themed sets that would be used with our favorite board games (For instance, this first set would be perfect for Pandemic). I'd hope to be able to continue to release more and more sets should this be something the community desires (I sure do! )

What say you all? I'll give more info just as soon as I'm sure it's OK to do so.

Thank you everybody!!

-Josh Morton
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should post this to the Kickstarter forum (you can even post a link there and get feedback on your kickstarter before you launch it).

https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/915012/crowdfunding-kickstar...

Edit:
Once you post a link to your KS there, you might want to consider posting a thread in the mini painters guild as I suspect that is going to be a key audience for you.

https://boardgamegeek.com/guild/909
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morton
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
Great! Thank you, I'll do so now!!

EDIT: Thanks again so very much. Really truly appreciate the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morton
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
And, here is a link to that thread for those that are interested.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1677995/board-game-miniatur...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Proctor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Make them so you can swap arms, heads, legs, equipment etc and in 28mm so making the more of interest to wargamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morton
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
Definitely a cool idea to make modular minis with these themes. I loved to do the same back in my WH40K days. However, not sure that would work this go 'round. While we do like that these pieces will have their own unique design (so can be used for more than one purpose), our true inspiration comes from wanting to make Miniatures that can replace pawns from some of our favorite games. These are "OUTBREAK" themed characters, but the set would be perfect for Pandemic. I'm not sure we could deliver on that promise if we went with a modular design. But, I like the idea and will tuck it away for future thought. Thanks Edmund!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.