Alien vs Predator: The Hunt Begins» Forums » Rules

Subject: Each action only once per turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konstantin Lubsky
Germany
München
flag msg tools
Do I understand it correctly that a figure can't perform the same action more than one time per turn?

Then why is it extra mentioned for the move/run actions? If you can't do the same action twice anyway, there is no need to write it extra for the move/run actions.

And what are the strategy cards which give you an extra actions are then good for? You rarely have a situation in which three different actions would make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Carter
msg tools
Your correct, a figure can only do the same type of action once per turn. Extended actions are your way around this rule with the extended action of run being the equivalent of 2 move actions or the Marines Rapid Fire allowing for 2 shooting actions in a turn.

The strategy cards that give extra actions are actually some of my favorite cards in the game (barring some of the Marines weapon cards). Usually these cards allow you to do various action combinations that allow for tremendous versatility in character use. My personal favorite is to use it with Marines to move them 1 space out of cover and then use the grenade launcher. Or you could move 1 space, aim, then fire. And so on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantin Lubsky
Germany
München
flag msg tools
Thank you very much for the clarification and the hints, Jacob! Now I'll try these tactics out by myself !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
See this thread for more info/discussion: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1656559/no-action-twice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.