9 Posts

Dune: The Dice Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Several question about DuneTDG version 2 rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria. Through each ripple and wave, through every living being, The Verse binds us all as one.
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The Fremen faction ability, Shai-Hulud, allows you to remove one opposing unit at the start of the combat. When fighting against House Corrino, are you allowed to target a Sardaukar unit in this fashion even if regular Corrino units are present?

2) The House Harkonnen ally ability, Infiltration, allows you to bypass Fortifications. Is this obligatory, or can you NOT bypass Fortifications (i.e. when you’re attacking with an ally and want to undermine them a bit more)?

3) When you draw an additional Loyalty token with the Bene Tleilax special ability, do you need to shuffle one back from your hand to observe the limit of two faction tokens per player? Do you do that immediately, or at the end of your turn?

4) Can you recruit more than one Sardaukar unit with the House Corrino faction ability in a single turn?

5) Can you use the Spacing Guild’s faction ability Evacuation on troops other than your own? Does this ability work only on you, you and your allies, or any faction of your choice that was involved in the conflict? Does this ability affect all troops lost by each respective faction, or can you choose to evacuate only some of the troops, but not all?

6) With the Smugglers’ faction ability, do you recruit Esmar Tuek as per the regular recruitment rules (that is, do you pay Spice to do it)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
Coming soon: Peak Oil!
badge
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
MyOtheHedgeFox wrote:
1) The Fremen faction ability, Shai-Hulud, allows you to remove one opposing unit at the start of the combat. When fighting against House Corrino, are you allowed to target a Sardaukar unit in this fashion even if regular Corrino units are present?
No, if there are regular Corrino Troops left, you may only remove one of these.

MyOtheHedgeFox wrote:
2) The House Harkonnen ally ability, Infiltration, allows you to bypass Fortifications. Is this obligatory, or can you NOT bypass Fortifications (i.e. when you’re attacking with an ally and want to undermine them a bit more)?
Yes, Harkonnen may or may not ignore the Fort ability, as they like. How their Ally thinks about that is a completely different question...

MyOtheHedgeFox wrote:
3) When you draw an additional Loyalty token with the Bene Tleilax special ability, do you need to shuffle one back from your hand to observe the limit of two faction tokens per player? Do you do that immediately, or at the end of your turn?
There is no real "two Loyalty tokens per player limit". At the end of your turn, after drawing one, you discard down to one (unless you are Atreides). At any other time, you may hold as many as you like. Please also check the Bene Tleilax Faction ability explanations in the rules, this question is kind of addressed there already.

MyOtheHedgeFox wrote:
4) Can you recruit more than one Sardaukar unit with the House Corrino faction ability in a single turn?
Yes. If you have at least one special Faction ability symbol on one of the Action dice during the recruit step, you may recruit as many Sardaukar as you have left and your Faction dice allow you to.

MyOtheHedgeFox wrote:
5) Can you use the Spacing Guild’s faction ability Evacuation on troops other than your own? Does this ability work only on you, you and your allies, or any faction of your choice that was involved in the conflict? Does this ability affect all troops lost by each respective faction, or can you choose to evacuate only some of the troops, but not all?
This ability applies to ANY Troops killed on your turn, and to each Troop separately. So you can evacuate yours, your Ally's and all other players' Troops. You might even kill a Troop through Kanly only to evacuate it. You may also evacuate only, say, one Troop of your Ally, and let the others die "for real". Of course, to evacuate Troops other than your own, you need the owner's consent.

MyOtheHedgeFox wrote:
6) With the Smugglers’ faction ability, do you recruit Esmar Tuek as per the regular recruitment rules (that is, do you pay Spice to do it)?
No, this happens on top, or instead. This is also detailed in the rules, page 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria. Through each ripple and wave, through every living being, The Verse binds us all as one.
mbmbmbmbmb
lee elektrik wrote:
…to evacuate Troops other than your own, you need the owner's consent.
Even the enemy’s consent?

– Say, would you like me to save all your troops?
- HARK NO THEY NEVER PAID THE RENT ANYWAY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MyOtheHedgeFox wrote:
lee elektrik wrote:
…to evacuate Troops other than your own, you need the owner's consent.
Even the enemy’s consent?

– Say, would you like me to save all your troops?
- HARK NO THEY NEVER PAID THE RENT ANYWAY
Yep, even the enemy's. I see no reason why anybody should really want their Troops to die, rather than have them saved, but of course, the Spacing Guild might ask for something in return, or whatever. Either way, nobody is going to evacuate my Troops without asking me first. I imagine it more like this:

- You there! Gather your troops and get aboard, we are here to evacuate you. Our sources indicate that you will be attacked soon, and by an overwhelming force.
- Sure, filthy trader, we believe you. Now fuck off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Atreides, can you recruit both leaders on the same turn using its special ability?

Does Peter de Vries require a locked Kanly symbol to use? Can he be used along with the regular Kanly attack during the Kanly stage?

How did you format the DuneTDG instruction manual? What program did you use? Can you provide a source file (privately, of course)? How it would be easier to insert game symbols into the text?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MyOtheHedgeFox wrote:
With the Atreides, can you recruit both leaders on the same turn using its special ability?
If you have one or more Faction ability symbols on your Action dice, you may recruit the second Leader token. This allows you to spend one of your Faction symbols to place the second Leader token on your Faction board. You may always, even when you have no Faction ability symbol, recruit your first one. So, yes, you can recruit both Leaders on the same turn, to do so you will need two Faction symbols and at least one Faction ability symbol.

MyOtheHedgeFox wrote:
Does Peter de Vries require a locked Kanly symbol to use? Can he be used along with the regular Kanly attack during the Kanly stage?
Using the Peter De Vries special ability is not a Kanly action, it just happens during the Kanly step. So, no, you do not need an additional Kanly symbol to us it, and yes, it may be used alongside any Kanly actions you might be taking.

MyOtheHedgeFox wrote:
How did you format the DuneTDG instruction manual? What program did you use? Can you provide a source file (privately, of course)? How it would be easier to insert game symbols into the text?
I did the layout in InDesign. If I find the time, I will provide the background images, icons and txt in the file section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lee elektrik wrote:
MyOtheHedgeFox wrote:
I did the layout in InDesign. If I find the time, I will provide the background images, icons and txt in the file section.
That would be incredibly helpful! I’m working on translating the whole game for the 2nd Edition, since I think it’s the best of them; while doing only the brief rules might suffice, I’d like to work on the full manual if possible. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Slazek
Poland
Warsaw/ Mrozy
flag msg tools
mb
How should i understand "After your Ally step" in A Stom is coming action? Who is relolling? Freemen player his ally's dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mrozy16 wrote:
How should i understand "After your Ally step" in A Stom is coming action? Who is relollingFreemen player his ally's dice?

On your turn, you first roll dice, then you may try and Ally with another player, then you recruit Troops, and then do some more stuff. "After you Ally step" is after trying to Ally, but before starting to recruit Troops. See also rule book, pg. 3, "turn order".

The active player re-rolls the die. That may well be the Fremen player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.