Hide
8 Posts

Labyrinth: The Awakening, 2010 – ?» Forums » Rules

Subject: Alternate History combinded decks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Reyes
msg tools
I just got the expansion and dived into the alternate history scenario. Has anybody had any issues that popped up? The one I have is the War on Terror cards that have extra notes. Do I use the solitaire sheet that I downloaded for the cards that have special notes? Such as Jihadist videos. The sheet/flowchart says use global chart to recruit. The Jihadist videos for Awaking says US, then use Recruit and Travel To priorities (but never IR). How would this be handled. Looking for opinions. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused here. Did you download a separate bot flowchart/event instructions for the game? Or are you using the new ones that come with the expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reyes
msg tools
Using the new one. I was talking about the original game. Some cards had special instructions for the solo bot on the chart. Such as clean operatives instructions on flow chart says to United States. I got a cheat sheet from the boardgaminglife site. Instead of looking on the Where? bot chart somebody put it on a quick reference chart. So for jihadist videos on the bot chart from the original game it says random among possibilities.
Jihadist videos from Awaking solo bot says use the recruit and travel flow chart. I was seeing how other players handle solo instructions from a combined deck play. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris van Someren
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should use both the new Jihadist bot from Awakening, as well as the card instructions included with Awakening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, now it's clearer what you meant.

Well, I don't know what other players do and I haven't played any Campaign Game yet and the scenario's instructions do not tell you which bots to use; however, they clearly tell you to use the Awakening's rules from the beginning if you play the Alternative History variant (page #18):

Quote:
The Labyrinth: Awakening Expansion Rules, Player Aid Card and End of Turn Sequence are used from the beginning and throughout the Campaign

Rationale is quite simple: shuffling both decks together you could draw cards with new mechanics/effects immediately.

Following that train of thoughts, I'd say you should use the Awakening's bots only and, of course, use the Awakening's Event Instructions Table only, not any other home-made list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. As others have noted, you should use the new bot exclusively. The other one is obsolete in this case (since you have new cards that the old bot does not account for.) Also, the new bots are a lot more challenging than the old.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reyes
msg tools
Thanks everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reyes
msg tools
Like I said I just got this game. And I just realized the answer that you all had just told me. I did not know the instruction for the war on terror cards for solo play were on the event instructions table. Doh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.