Subject: Two same character in play (Faramir) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Javier Avilés

Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is there anything on the rules against having two same characters in play? I did not find anything. For example, there two Faramir ally cards on my deck (from the leadership of the core set). So, if I have both in play and I exhaust one for his action I would get an extra will point on the other Faramir. Nothing wrong with that, right? They are twins, they have the right to fight together! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
Impostor wrote:
Is there anything on the rules against having two same characters in play? I did not find anything. For example, there two Faramir ally cards on my deck (from the leadership of the core set). So, if I have both in play and I exhaust one for his action I would get an extra will point on the other Faramir. Nothing wrong with that, right? They are twins, they have the right to fight together! laugh

Faramir is unique, which can be seen by the icon in front of his name, meaning only one card with that name can be in play among all players.

Edit: clarification
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
They are both unique so they violate that rule.
Sorry if you're being sarcastic, I b couldn't pick it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Van Vlaenderen
Belgium
Lissewege
Belgie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Depends if they are unique or not

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Avilés

Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
John85 wrote:
They are both unique so they violate that rule.
Sorry if you're being sarcastic, I b couldn't pick it up.

I was not sarcastic... You are right, I completely missed the unique symbol. I am just learning the game and being playing for a couple of weeks.

Thanks for pointing that out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries easy mistake to make. I just said that to cover my bases. Happy to help good luck with the game, real tough when starting out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greece
Thessaloniki
Macedonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kløve wrote:
Impostor wrote:

Faramir is unique, which can be seen by the icon in front of his name, meaning only one copy of the card can be in play among all players.

Not exactly. Unique means that only one card with that name must be in play. That means Faramir from the Base Set or any card named Faramir from any other subsequent release
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corto Maltese wrote:
Kløve wrote:
Impostor wrote:

Faramir is unique, which can be seen by the icon in front of his name, meaning only one copy of the card can be in play among all players.

Not exactly. Unique means that only one card with that name must be in play. That means Faramir from the Base Set or any card named Faramir from any other subsequent release
including quest cards. there's a Faramir objective ally in one of the quests

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.