7,747 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Guy Guy
France
flag msg tools
Hi,
I'm looking for a classic 54 cards template, preferably in the photoshop format where:

- each figure can be changed/moved
- each color (sqaure, spade etc...) can be moved changed
- back can be changed (well, this one is easy ;-) so, don't bother here.

I don't minf if for the 54 cards I get one file per card (in fact this is the solution that I prefer).

Where can I find this? I can't find this any where even in paying sites.

Does someone know where I can find this? (or eventually how much it'll cost to do it)

thx in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Davidson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I remember finding one...

Here it is, a great set released open source public domain! Comes in PNG and SVG.

https://code.google.com/archive/p/vector-playing-cards/

Sounds like you want the SVG because that will let you work with all the pieces scaleable. You might have to convert the pieces to EPS if you want to end up working on Photoshop --- Illustrator or Inkscape can do that if needed. But I recommend working in Illustrator anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Gallardo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want traditional graphics for face cards, try this one:

http://svg-cards.sourceforge.net/

The style is French. All 54 cards are in one file, though.

This one is American. It includes colour and black-and-white versions:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/vector-cards/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Guy
France
flag msg tools
thank you. I'll test that.

The +
- it is close to what I need
- public domain

the -

- it is SVG, vectorized objects.
- I'm more confortable with photoshop

Do you know a simple way to "convert" a svg file to a psd file? (where each element remains editable, even if it is rasterized)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Davidson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
cortex66 wrote:
Do you know a simple way to "convert" a svg file to a psd file? (where each element remains editable, even if it is rasterized)
The easiest way to lay out vectors in Photoshop would be to save each piece as a separate Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) file. Then File > Place... (or just drag in) the EPS files to Photoshop. (As opposed to importing the pieces as "smart objects.")

You would have to open the original SVGs in Illustrator or Inkscape, copy+paste the pieces you want in to new documents, and then save those as EPS. Assuming you can re-do the fonts in Photoshop, you would only need to save EPSs of the 4 suit symbols and whatever you wanted from the face cards.

Any actual manipulation of the shapes would be done in Illustrator/Inkscape before saving the EPS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.