Subject: Newbie trade agreement question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulus Borgia
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
In recharge, the trade agreements generate resources from the general pool and not directly from the granting player's pool, yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulus Borgia
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
Much like Twilight Imperium trade system. It just gives you production but doesn't take anything from a player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tabula Zero
msg tools
Another question:

Can you betray an agreement with the Romulan, the moment the card is refreshed ?

The rules say you can betray any time. The resource generation happens before the refresh trade agreement so I guess the answer is yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tabulazero wrote:
Another question:

Can you betray an agreement with the Romulan, the moment the card is refreshed ?

The rules say you can betray any time. The resource generation happens before the refresh trade agreement so I guess the answer is yes.

You can revoke a trade agreement at any time. "Betrayal" is specifically when you attack someone whose agreement you hold. When this happens, you must give them back their agreement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tabula Zero
msg tools
csouth154 wrote:
Tabulazero wrote:
Another question:

You can revoke a trade agreement at any time. "Betrayal" is specifically when you attack someone whose agreement you hold. When this happens, you must give them back their agreement.

So basically it is legal to enter into a trade agreement with the Romulan, generate resources from his card while he cannot (because the card is face down) and immediately cancel the agreement before he can generate any resources from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tabulazero wrote:
csouth154 wrote:
Tabulazero wrote:
Another question:

So basically it is legal to enter into a trade agreement with the Romulan, generate resources from his card while he cannot (because the card is face down) and immediately cancel the agreement before he can generate any resources from it.

Correct, though a smart Romulan player will demand that anyone that wants to trade with them wait until their trade agreement refreshes before issuing one of their own. At the very least, the Romulans should give the smallest agreement they have when agreements are exchanged and then renegotiate next round when the deal is profitable for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tabula Zero
msg tools
csouth154 wrote:

Correct, though a smart Romulan player will demand that anyone that wants to trade with them wait until their trade agreement refreshes before issuing one of their own.

Interesting. I did not know that 1 - 0 trade agreements were valid (i.e. you exchange a card for nothing). I thought that you had to exchange cards but re-reading the rules I find nothing that prevents you from exchanging cards for nothing.

Additional questions: The Federation players exchange his trade agreement with the Romulan for nothing. The Romulan has the Federation player card now.

Does this mean that the Romulan is at Peace with the Federation because it hold the trade agreenent card (even if it is exhausted) ?

Does this mean that the Federation is still not at Peace with the Romulan because it holds no Trade agreement ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tabulazero wrote:
csouth154 wrote:

Correct, though a smart Romulan player will demand that anyone that wants to trade with them wait until their trade agreement refreshes before issuing one of their own.

Interesting. I did not know that 1 - 0 trade agreements were valid (i.e. you exchange a card for nothing). I thought that you had to exchange cards but re-reading the rules I find nothing that prevents you from exchanging cards for nothing?

Yup. Trades don't have to be equal. You can even extort a trade agreement from someone through threat of violence. This will let you move past their ships if they give permission...but if they were going to deny it, they wouldn't have let themselves get extorted in the first place. You can even hegemony their systems (that they dont have a ship in) without having to give their trade agreement back. You only have to do that when you attack or invade.

Quote:
Additional questions: The Federation players exchange his trade agreement with the Romulan for nothing. The Romulan has the Federation player card now.

Does this mean that the Romulan is at Peace with the Federation because it hold the trade agreenent card (even if it is exhausted) ?

Yes.

Quote:
Does this mean that the Federation is still not at Peace with the Romulan because it holds no Trade agreement ?

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.